Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of HPG shocks that were off a Mach Z 1000 for my 2006 GSX 600sdi. My question is should I use the original springs or ones that came with the new shocks(both sets are new)? The Mach Z springs are stiffer. Help...

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Since the RT chassis is longer than the REV, the springs need to be stiffer to help balance the load bearing. The best thing to do is try the shocks out on a know section of trail, take notes then try with your GSX springs. It's a matter of ride / handling preference.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the RT chassis is longer than the REV, the springs need to be stiffer to help balance the load bearing. The best thing to do is try the shocks out on a know section of trail, take notes then try with your GSX springs. It's a matter of ride / handling preference.[/b]
Doc, do you think that the stiffer spring will give me better handling without loosing too much of the comfort factor than the GSX spring?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Give me the colour codes off the Mach Z springs and I'll be able to better guess, there are base Mach Z (non X) 505071830 rd-si-rd springs which your '06 GSX (sport?) also uses.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Give me the colour codes off the Mach Z springs and I'll be able to better guess, there are base Mach Z (non X) 505071830 rd-si-rd springs which your '06 GSX (sport?) also uses.[/b]
Doc, the GSX spring color codes are: white-gold-red and the 1000 are: white-blue-green.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Sorry I cannot match those springs in my 2006 race manual. Anyone else have an '07 race manual who can post the spring rates ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I cannot match those springs in my 2006 race manual. Anyone else have an '07 race manual who can post the spring rates ?[/b]
Doc, the springs(white-blue-green) are from a 2005 Mach Z.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts