Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to put some upgrades into my 01 and keep it a while longer. Just added some USI skis and want to change out the motion control shocks. Looking for recomendations for something good without breaking the bank. Mostly ride trails and occasional ditches. Looking for something better for when the trails get wiped out and so am I after a long day.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I've decided to put some upgrades into my 01 and keep it a while longer. Just added some USI skis and want to change out the motion control shocks. Looking for recomendations for something good without breaking the bank. Mostly ride trails and occasional ditches. Looking for something better for when the trails get wiped out and so am I after a long day.[/b]
a used pair of rebuildible shock (go to HCS you might find some) or ryde fx 9200 shocks are good but not the cheapest. id see if you can find some used one though, try ebay to. if you find some and they need to be rebuild just shoot me a pm or any other shock questions.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Bird's skidoo in white cloud michigan had a bunch of new ones they where selling pretty cheap. might contact them if your interested.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Keep in mind that you may want to find shocks which will permit you to use your original springs or can be cheaply adapted. Sometimes the replacement shocks are inexpensive but the spring perches and adjustment collars are over the top.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunalty, Ryde FX doesn't make a rebuildable for this model. Had to go with their non-rebuildable 8400's Have ordered them up. Couldn't pony up for HPG's :(

They will use the stock spring, however, the alum cyl's won't use the stock click adjuster. They use a threaded spring coller for adjustment. Should be ok as I plan to set them to the same compression measurement as what the 3 click is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts