Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 FIII 600 with 5700 miles on it. I have never touched the shocks. It seems to ride good, but I just may be used to it, my brothers MXZ 500 with the SC-10 (1998 as well) seems to be more resistant to bottoming, How do I test them? It appears they are the non rebuildable HPG type, what would you guys replace them with? I am not a ditch banger, I ride almost exclusively groomed trails, that get rough sometimes however! Just looking to put my list together for next year!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Your shocks will gradually lose effectiveness in time so it is tough to tell if they are bad because of the gradual change.My dealer said they should be changed at 3000 miles.Put some new ones on and you will notice the change.That is ninety nine and three quarter percent guaranteed.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thanks MXZ7.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I would think that with the shocks out of the suspension, that if the nitogen charge was still effective, the rod would push back out after being pushed into the shock body. If the rebound stroke seems "draggy' or erratic, it's time for new ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts