Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 xcsp 700 with the position sensative shock
in the rear. I;ve had it rebuilt but still not happy. Any
suggestions on what I could put on for a good shock for
agressive trail riding?  thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
I guess we would have to start with you rider weight,as this plays a major factor in the ride quality. most sleds are set up for around a 180 pound rider and I've talked to people from both ends of the scale(lighter and heavier). And what is your suspension doing,bottoming out to much or just bouncing too much. Do you have studs and is your track stock? How many miles on the sled? Did the ride satisfy you when it was new and now its feeling worse or maybe you bought it used and are just trying to get the hang of it? There a bunch of helpful people on this website that are waiting to jump at the chance to put their 2 cents in here so let us know more.  

·
Registered
282 Posts
That's a great shock on that sled. It can be re-valved to better suite your riding style. The person that rebuilt it for you should be able to get you some more info. on this. Good luck!

·
Registered
213 Posts
they make stage 1 and 2 kits for that shock,just adds bands to the centre clyinder to reduce or elimimate the position sensitivty,or act like a reg fox shock,if you valve it stiffer for the rough,it will also be stiffer in the not so rough

1 - 4 of 4 Posts