Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently looking into buying a 2005 Arctic Cat F5 Sno Pro, but all my Friends and Family are telling me that Cat's aren't reliable. They hear nothing but bad things about Cat's. "Once one thing goes wrong, everything Goes wrong" I noticed this a little with my 1998 Arctic Cat ZL500. I was just wondering if anyone out here has this sled, and what they think about it? Also if anyone else notices these types of problems with Cat's?

·
Registered
526 Posts
The only reliability concerns Ive ever heard of with Cats is with the clutches. F5s seem to be pretty solid sleds and I personally wouldnt be afraid to buy one.
If Polaris were to ever go out of business, Cat would be the brand Id switch to.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
No more than any other brand. Did I just say that?? :whistling: :lookaround:[/b]
[attachment=38111:18.gif]

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
whatever floats your boat.
i think your family and friends are saying that cause they're brand bias.
i am all about ski-doo, but those f-cats in that chassis are awesome, i havent heard anything bad about them. ive heard they're over powered, but HEY! thats a good thing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i know a lot of peploe who have cats and have no problems as long as you keep up on them i like the look of cats but i rented one and its not somthing i whould wont to seat on all day

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I would stay away from the F5

go for an F6

·
Registered
443 Posts
feel the power of the 600!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
whatever floats your boat.
i think your family and friends are saying that cause they're brand bias.
i am all about ski-doo, but those f-cats in that chassis are awesome, i havent heard anything bad about them. ive heard they're over powered, but HEY! thats a good thing.[/b]
Well, it all depends on you and what you really want out of a snowmobile. I personally like the Ski-Doo, but it really is your own preference on what sled you want. If I was you I would defenitly go for the F6 or 7, so you can keep up with your buddies.

-Frank

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
I was recently looking into buying a 2005 Arctic Cat F5 Sno Pro, but all my Friends and Family are telling me that Cat's aren't reliable. They hear nothing but bad things about Cat's. "Once one thing goes wrong, everything Goes wrong" I noticed this a little with my 1998 Arctic Cat ZL500. I was just wondering if anyone out here has this sled, and what they think about it? Also if anyone else notices these types of problems with Cat's?[/b]
I have a 2007 Arctic Cat Z570LX that I purchased new. I feel a snowmobile is like a boat and decided new was the only way to go. Plus, no matter what you get there will always be maintenance issues. I hope you are mechanically inclinced. You cannot just get on them and ride and forget about it. The only issue I have with mine is the darn starter and have voiced my thoughts on this in many threads. This season will determine is I stay with the Cat or try another brand.
Good luck and, if the price is right, you cannot go wrong.
Richard

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
if you and your crew do all your own wrenching then stay with what the majority has. It is always easier to get help/advice from someone who has done the same task.

Unless your mechanic is as good as mine though, he can turn a wrench on anything.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
There is no such thing as less/more reliable. (with a few exceptions). I have a cat and a doo. As of now the doo seems to be less maintenace, however it has way, way less miles on it. And my wife rides it, not me. I would buy another cat any day. The price is usually what makes it easier to try riding a cat. I got a sweet deal on mine brand new. By the way. My cat is for sale if you want to try riding one for a year or two with a small investment up front.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Oh ya if you are not mechanically inclined I advice you do not ride your sled on a beach in Florida :p

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Oh ya if you are not mechanically inclined I advice you do not ride your sled on a beach in Florida :p[/b]
I was thinking the same thing :lmao:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts