Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would ryde fx shox be the best choice for my 96 super sport?
most of the new models have them, would they work in an older model ?
are they difficult to install?

·
Registered
533 Posts
My buddy replaced his old Fox Shox with RideFx.  He loves them.

newf

·
Registered
10 Posts
i think for my 95 500 that the only ryde fx shocks that'll fit are the 8200 series.  at Denniskirk.com they were 92$ per shock but i think you could find them cheaper. Puting them on the front should just be 2 bolts just take a close look where your shocks are attached now. on the rear suspension you may have to remove the suspension but im not sure.

A

·
0 Posts
I replaced the stock shocks with Ryde FX on my bros 95 EXT and it made a world of difference.  They ride like a dream.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
The bottom line M-10 comes with Arvin-Meritor shocks, then Fox, then RydeFX, and the top-of-the-line has Ohlins shock.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
ÖHLINS, I've got to get them!!!! My project sled will end up with them all around unless Walker Evens starts making shocks for other crands than Po PO's. Walker Even Shocks are the absolte Best bar none but they are very pricey.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
ÖHLINS are the best except for Walker Evens Shocks! Not one time has a shock beat a walker evens in test and comparison. But Walker Even Shocks use a totally different way of operating than normal shocks. But they are around 1500 to 2000us I believe to get a set. And polaris Use them on all of there race sleds since they hit the market.
Caleb

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i don't think i could aford  shox that much .but thanks  

·
Registered
442 Posts
i dont know how the newer ryde fx shocks are but the ones that came on a 97 cat that i had were nothing to brag about, the origionals were shot after about 1500 miles of average riding and then cost 80-100 bucks for replacement because they were non-rebuildable

i suggest that if you decide so shell out lots of money for new shocks just make sure they are rebuildable a $30 rebuild (per shock) is definitely better than buying new shocks

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The new Ryde FX shocks are nothing compred to the older versions Zr580 Rules.
Caleb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts