Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any comments on shrink wrapping my sleds for storage? After following the manufacturers mechanical recommendations for storage, I was thinking of shrink wrapping
the sleds on the trailer until next winter. The trailer would then be stored in a shaded area throughout the summer and fall just like a boat. I am questioning the lack of air circulation and possible mildew problems?
Would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has tried this. Is it a good idea or not?
Thanks to everyone for your posts.
Bill

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Man i have never heared of this, Shrink wrap your sled???

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
If you went that route I would put some old towels or blanket down first cuz that shrink wrap will build up condesation and trap moisture from temp. fluctuation.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
That's something I'd never thought of doing if you had to store your sled outdoors. Be sure to put some steel wool in the exhaust outlet, so the little furry fellows don't build a nest in your pipe. If your carbs are open, make sure they're covered too.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I have seen boats and jet-skis, and waverunners done.I would not see a problem if you dont completely enclose them.my buddy has the stuff to do this,it comes in a big roll you cut to size then heat,shrink to fit leaving the bottom of the trailer open or in the cases I have seen bottom of boat.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you want to shrink wrap all you need is black or clear plastic you buy at a lawn and garden store. I have seen it done with a propane flame thrower.  They where shrinkwrapping pallets.  It worked rather well.   I don't know whether I would do that to my sled .   I think if you oil it with a preserveing oil  on  the parts that can rust and if it is in an enclosed trailer that should be good enough IMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts