Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, since I started to put synthetic oil in my sled, I noticed that my rave's where leaking allot. Since the synthetic oil is more liquid than mineral oil at low temperature, I thaught that maybe there is too much oil getting in the engine and that is why the rave valves gets gumed up. Anyone has a solution?

P.S Yes I did adjust the oil pump, And the engine had a complete rebuilt in december.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just a guess....RAVE gaskets.  My RAVE valves on my Mach 1 leaked before I cleaned them and changed the gaskets.  The previous owner did ZERO maintainance on the sled.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the same problem since using the synthetic oil and i put in new gaskets 2 weeks ago and they started leaking again this week..

·
Registered
326 Posts
I ran a synthetic blend for a couple of tanks and mine never leaked with used gaskets, but I bet that is the problem. Just order a new set because they will not seal as good after you remove the housing a couple of times.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as I said in my previous post, the engine was rebuilt a month ago. All the gaskets where changed. I think that there is eaven locktight on both sides of the gasket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
had the same problem on my 98x, changed RAVE gaskets and the o-ring in behind, solved the problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts