Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone was wondering, this is how I was taught, it works well but takes practice.

The trick is to turn the skis slightly downhill while leaning uphill. Make the bottom of the sled parallel to the earth's normal flat land and sea. Keep the power on. Varying the throttle just to the point where the track spins to get a slight powerslide.
It is tough to get used to, just remember to make small movements in the handlebars, and big movements with your body. And to aim the skis the opposite way than you think, sort of. The machine can create its own balance if done properly.
Kind of like a counter steer with a rear wheel drive car on ice.
Hope this helps.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
depending on your weight i usually find it easier if i stand on the running board facing uphill sometimes having to pull up on the downhill handlebar. Its a alot of fun

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
you said it powder boy just do that and crank the throttle.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Its fun until you lose your balance and tumble down hill.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Where I live(manitoba) I live in a place where the plains sorta stop, it is mostly wild haying fields out here, not big open square fields, no hills or mountains, lol, my friend can do this on a lake, he can do a 180degree turn on a dime the flat lake with his 670, does the hill really matter, i can do it on my 380 but just not as fast.

Joshua

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
just keep pulling on her and work the throttle right and you will do ok.  I ride a short track and when i go into the hills with some of buddys who have renegades and summits i have learned to master side hilling to keep up with them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks zrt 600, I have been doing it all wrong. I thought it was the sled,,,,,,,,,,,,its the rider. I thought you could go really slow and zig-zag up a mountain side (lots of trees where I was at) Apparently not.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ya gotta love powder.  I've only encountered really nice powder a couple of times, and it was a blast.  After I was done you couldnt even see the front of my yellow and black sled.  It was all white.  
 I can't wait until next winter already.  And this one isnt even done yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts