Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 01 Mountain Cat 600 efi and I am thinking about putting a can on it. Wondering if anyone else has put one on and what you put on.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Keep in mind that most/all aftermarket silencers do little or nothing for performance and in some cases slow it down but are a great way to cut down on weight.
Rick.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I purchased a D&D silencer for my '02 500 carb mtn. cat and then tried it on my '02 ZL 600 EFI SS The tone was noticably louder on the carbed (which I liked) then the EFI,which you could hardly tell it was on. Performance wise, I really don't think I can feel the difference and will probably install it back on the carbed sled so I can at least hear the difference.

·
Registered
234 Posts
MBRP silencer on my '02 600 fuelie--they only offer the race can for the 600 (not the trail). Like ZR Sled Head said--not much for performance gains (don't believe the hp #'s) but there is a significant weight loss--10-11 pounds on your sled!! Also I have never heard anything that sounds as sweet as this can! Real throaty in the lower rpm's and not too much louder than stock, but when you get on it the sound comes in strong!!! Great fit and finish (polished stainless steel in center of can) and really opens up that side of your sled--not as bulky as with D&D or Black Tragic cans. I got a hold of mine for around $220 US. Hope I helped ya!!
Bleedin' :devil:

PS--watch where ya ride with this can--we don't wanna lose any more trails!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts