Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am impatiently waiting for my 03 800 Summit HM to get here.

If I add a silencer, Will it add that much performance, or do they just shave a few pounds and make allot of noise?
Any suggestions on what brand to use? I'm looking at MBRP..
Thanks,

ps.. My Summit 02 is also for sale, Check out the classifieds..

·
Registered
364 Posts
Honestly!! I have a dynoport on my 99 mxz600. The sounds is great and worth the money, the performance is not though. You gain about 1 to 1.5Ho and loss about 7-9 lbs. If you spend 225 you should get a clutch kit or reeds

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey, I have an 02 summit 600, and I am waiting on my mbrp trail silencer. My advice to you is to not get a silencer, the dealer i do all my business with, their mechanix told me that i'd be alright with my 600, but the 7 and 800 summits have gone to H8ll after they put silencers in them, he didn't say many specifics, but it doesn't run worth a crap. Just my advice man. I'd throw some reeds in. V force 3, Awesome!
Good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
i just put a mbrb silencer on my 00mxz 700. it sounds great but i dunno if it will make that much more power. It did save prolly 8 lbs however.

·
Registered
664 Posts
It is a noise maker, but it's lighter. The sound gives you a sense of power that makes it feel faster. Maybe a little crisper throttle response also.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I put a MBRP Trail on my 01 700, and its sounds awsome over the stock can, i never gained power but i never lost either.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i had a mbrp loved the sound and the weight loss,but i was disappointed that it didnt secure very well,only has one bolt to hold in place(stock has 2),i drive very aggresive so it bounced around quite a bit,and ended up melting some of my belly pan.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ran a mbrp trail can on my 02 renegade 800 and loved the sound and the weight loss. another plus is that it makes getting at your chaincase sooo much easier.
I cant say for sure if I gained any power but I did drop quite a few pounds without the stock can.
I would definately order another one.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I added a sno-stuff rumble pak. It has a very distinctive tone and my ridding buddies say it's not very loud just a different tone. It's smaller and lighter, but I didn't notice any gains or loses. I guess I would use the $200.00 on a clutch if I could chose again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts