Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for opinions on them. I put precision skis on my mxz last year & loved them. Looking for something for the RX1

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
woops on the double post. what happened to the ability to delete own own posts?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
MXZ900, I think I heard that someone was trying to make a kit to retro fit precision skis to other OEM's not sure if it was the original makers of these skis or who, Btw I was thinking of getting a set for my 'doo so you really like them ?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great improvement in tracking, no increase in effort

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
So would you say the improvment would justify the 500 or so cdn dollars to do? Gotta sell it to the wifey hehe

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tough call, it was to me as I wanted to rid my sled of the twichies going into a corner, as the M10 allows very fast approach speeds.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had them on my 98 SRX 600, completely stopped the darting, easier steering and much, much better tracking. Plus the extra width added to the stability in the corners and at speed.

I have since sold the SRX and put the skis on the wife's 700 Formula Deluxe. Again stopped what little darting there was from stock skis and made the sled much more stable in the corners. I like them better than the precision but not enough to buy the simmons for the renegade that has the precision skis.

Bottom line, if the sled doesn't have twin runner skis from the factory, I will put them on it. the difference in steering resistance, tracking and stability is worth every penny.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree completely with Renegade700, once I got over the sticker shock, I think that this is one of the best mods I have done to my sled... They are great on the trails, virtually eliminating darting, and definately reducing fatigue. My dad has rheumatoid arthritis in his wrists, and he gets sore and tired very quickly riding sleds, having to fight the darting all the time. He absolutely loves his simmon's skis, because it has eliminated much of the fatigue and pain he was experiencing in his wrists after a long ride. I definately would not own another sled without them.. when I sell my edgeX, the old ones are going back on, and the simmons are going on a new sled. after trying mine out, four of the guys that I ride with including my dad now sport simmons skis on their sleds.

My sled turns like it is on rails, and rides like it has power steering.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Got 'em on the Blade. Love 'em. The C&A's that came with the sled were good, but small. They did not float in the powder. Same with the Precision skis - great skis but no flotation. I think you'll be happy with the Simmons. By the way, have you seen the new colors? Blue on black would look great on the RX1!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so far everyone,I believe I'll get a pair. Any more opinions?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Dual Runners are now put out by Woody's to increase grip and eliminate darting. Easier on the wallet. Just saw the add.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Does anyone have a website for Simmons or a retailer that handles them?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have e-mailed them direct before, very slow responses. I hope to find a good outlet for them, as I am a dealer.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wil try again :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
I bought mine from Hoppke Racing, Watertown, MN 952-955-2314. Better to deal with a dealer than Simmons themselves. You'll get better service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts