Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i here all the bad rap about the twin pipes what about the single pipes any info. saw the single dyno port pipe it looks pretty good what do you 700 mxzs think?

·
Registered
230 Posts
stay with your stock pipe,all the aftermarket pipes dont give you enough for your money.All the serious performance shops(that are'nt trying to sell you pipes) will tell you that the stocker works the best.IMO

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Bad rap?? what are you guys talking about? Big hp gains are made with pipes just the same as porting and so on. I am not an expert, but any mods from stock (including clutching) will make your sled a little more finicky. If twin pipes were no good than why would there be so many after market companies fighting for market share and making money doing it??  If you want to run twins do a little research and find out how to use them.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm not saying twin pipes(or any aftermarket pipes) are no good,they are just very very pricey,and like I said, dont give you your moneys worth.You could spend the $800 + on porting ,clutching,etc. and get way more significant power gains!  You hit it right on the head though,when you said,reaserch and find out how to use them.You have to make so many other mods to get aftermarket pipes to make enough hp.gains to justify the $$$ then your talking a whole different ball game,because your not just adding pipes,your gutting airboxes,jetting or boring carbs,porting,adding reeds etc.etc.etc.All I'm saying is that before you spend the 'ching on pipes ,you should look elsewhere to gain your power.since you usually make these mods anyway ,you could always add pipes later!(for that extra 2 to 4 hp on top end) in all actuallity pipes dont increase your hp.much at all (without other mods)  they move your peak hp.to a higher rpm.look it up!  
\ Where I come from(central vt.) we are not allowed to run pipes if they are loud,our sleds must pass a decible test to pass inspection(or you get a pretty stiff fine,$100.00 +)  
 SO,our local speed shop ( Benoits) build sleds that run the stock pipe.I talked to a guy from N.H. the other day,he has a '02 mxzx 800 twin pipes clutching etc.(and very loud)  AND an  mxz 700 that was moded up that runs the stock pipe,needless to say he had the 800 sled in the shop having it set up to run the stock pipe,because the 700 had more sack.
 I am no expert either,but,opinions are like a##**les,everybody's got one!
And as far as marketing goes,its marketing,some people could sell ice cubes to eskimo's if you promised it would make him faster than the next guy!    

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
your better off geting a rkt head

1 - 5 of 5 Posts