Snowmobile World banner

single pipe

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ppolaris1010 
#1 ·
I have a pro x 800 and i just bought a hotseat chubby single pipe my elevation 0-5000 ft and i now what is required for jetting and clutching. over the weekend i was talking to well know engine builder and he said to have the compression lowered because there is a great chance of burning a piston out . Now i called hot seat up and inquired they said i will fine. The question is has anyone had to do such a thing or has problems in the past any input is much appreciated thanks.

#2 ·
I have a 04 xc 700 with there chubby pipe and never had a problem with the motor burning up. i dont know why that engine builder told you that. If your jetting is good than you wont have a problem.hotseats jetting is way rich so you'll be fine they had me put in 500 main jets in mine and it fouled plugs non stop. im all the way down to 430 mains now and have 5000 miles on it never had a problem.the problem you might have is the pipe cracking second season on mine the pipe cracked and blew a big hole in the side of it.Hot seat told me its not made to last and did nothing for me so good luck with it. personally i will never buy from them again I bought there clutch kit to terrible sled could barely hit 6500 rpm there fix was put stock weights back in it.well waisted money i ate that to.slp is the way to go with polaris sleds and they stand by there pipes and they last more than a year.hotseat is speedwerx artic cat stuff is where they put most of there time in i think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.