Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few seats that are in not bad to rough shape. My 72 Panther is a beautiful sled that I picked up for $50. Evcerything is very nice, but the seat is torn. It's all there, but needs to be sewn together or redone.

My question: Does anyone know anyone who fixes seats at a very fair price?

Thanks,

D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a seat for a panther in my shed. it seems pretty nice. it has the lepoard stripes and if i remember right it bottons on. if this sounds right giveme a call.
don't e-mail because i hate e-mail
if it works i don't want money. i want to trade for skidoo parts especially seats.

if anybody has early 70's skidoo seats give me a call. (perfection is not necessary)

james 651-465-1236

·
10,054 Posts
lowtek,,, there is a place down here in Ohio called Johns Recreation,,,, he has quite a bit of older sleds and I think he collects some of the older doos, so he may have some seats for you. If you go to the ski doo web site and enter in the zipcode 45836,, city is Dunkirk Ohio,,, and I dont remember if its on the first or second page, but hes a great guy,,, DO NOT MISTAKE IT WITH JOHNS PERFORMANCE!!!! 2 different places,,,,, Let me know if he could help you out any,,,,

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got a buddy down here near the Cities that re-did my seat. I just dried out the foam and made a new board and he covered it naguahyde (sp?). Very reasonable, like $10 for the material and 20 for the work. Doesn't look quite stock but it's pretty. I've got a couple more he's gonna do too, the only problem is that he doesn't bake them so they mostly look like a seat, not a fashion statement.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I have a buddy that is helping me with my seats. His grandma sews the material for me, and then we stretch it and staple it on. Costs me $17.47. Just the cost of the material. I helped my buddy's uncle build his house, so his family is helping me. Nice deal, but the Panther I want to have the stripes in it. That is one of the tell tail signs of an old Arctic Cat.

lowtekrednek- I tried calling you on Friday but no answer, I left a message. Interested in your seat, please get a hold of me.

218-744-0496

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've also got a buddy who has an early 70's panther that he painted pink and is just about in the scrap yard, but the seat is mint. If you're interested in buying it
and probably trading your old seat too I'll ask him what he wants for it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, do that Whip. I'd appreciate it. Why did he paint it pink???????? Was he trying to make a fashion statement or something????

D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts