Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one ski that looks crooked , not the toe in but it looks like the inside edge of the ski is closer to the ground than the outside , how should it be ? how do you straighten it?
Thanks
Ger

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had the exact same thing on my 99 500 mxz's left ski. You have to adjust the camber on the crooked ski by turning out the adjustable ball joint on the radius rod . Use a small level and set it to 0 degrees.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this mean that both sides might not have the same threads showing on the adjustable ball joint?
Right now they look even as far as settings go, but as I said before the ski is off a bit.where do you lay the level across the aluminum ski bridge?
Ger

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does this mean that both sides might not have the same threads showing on the adjustable ball joint?
Right now they look even as far as settings go, but as I said before the ski is off a bit.where do you lay the level across the aluminum ski bridge?
Ger :withstupid:

·
Registered
175 Posts
The amount of threads showing will not necessarily be the same when properly adjusted. You have to make sure the machine is first sitting perfectly level. Use a level first under the flat belly then use a small level against the flat side of the trailing arm close to the spindle. You will probably also have to readjust your steering tie rod to make it longer if your camber is off by a couple threads. Also check your ski alignment as it will be off if you have to play with the tie rod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts