Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious how many others on here have found the rings in there 800 twins to be junk.I pulled the top end on mine to inspect them as i do not want any down time this winter doo to meachanical problems if they can be avoided.My rings had almost all of the moly gone off of them like many others and with only apprx 1200km on them :0:
This is obviously a problem and they can't play dumb to it any longer.I'm not trying to start a bashing thread here but i am obviously upset and greatly disappointed about this and i know i'm not alone.The worst part is that they want over $100 for the rings and it's the same junk that i just removed :angry:
Please post here if you to have run into this on your engine.Thanks.........

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil is not the issue,but for the record doo oil was used from day one.The dealer and doo are both playing dumb
about the problem :sarcasm:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well I have a friend that has an 01 mxz8 with 3200 miles on it, we just pulled it down, rings have some flacking not bad at all. He has ran amsoil from new. See way too many valves carboned up so bad hardly could get them out, factory oil is junk, this buddy rides his sleds hard, long runs, he had engine mods too , so you tell me what the deal is, OIL???OR NOT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts