Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need some info on a 99 summit x that was stored for 2 years and pistons seem stuck a bit do you think it is worth buying for cheap. Hoping to get it running looks like a great sled but will need some work. I have a 98 summit x so worst case senerio I have a parts sled. What is the difference from 98 vs. 99 i no it has a 144 that is why i want it. I did get the engine to move a bit but felt rough so i stopped.

·
Registered
795 Posts
If you are getting it for cheap. Man that sucks if the top end is gone :( Wait now you have a motor you can play with. Maybe a big bore kit w00t While you have it apart maybe some port work :whistling: What about Shaving the head :sarcasm: I think if you are getting a good deal, you could have alot of fun with this sled. :thumbsup: I know I would go for it if the price was right :D

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Did the owner say it was a good running sled when he parked it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the owner say it was a good running sled when he parked it?[/b]
the owner said it ran great ,he is clueless other than that. He flipped it on a hill climb and the throttle thumb piece is broken off. he said it ran intermittently. he bought a new sled

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are getting it for cheap. Man that sucks if the top end is gone :( Wait now you have a motor you can play with. Maybe a big bore kit w00t While you have it apart maybe some port work :whistling: What about Shaving the head :sarcasm: I think if you are getting a good deal, you could have alot of fun with this sled. :thumbsup: I know I would go for it if the price was right :D[/b]
I think i can get it for 400-500.00 i will probably go for it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are getting it for cheap. Man that sucks if the top end is gone :( Wait now you have a motor you can play with. Maybe a big bore kit w00t While you have it apart maybe some port work :whistling: What about Shaving the head :sarcasm: I think if you are getting a good deal, you could have alot of fun with this sled. :thumbsup: I know I would go for it if the price was right :D[/b]
ALSO WONDERING WHAT TYPE OF LUBE WOULD BE BEST TO PUT INTO CLINDERS TO LET SIT, THAT WOULD NOT MAKE IT TO HARD TO START, IS STARTING FLUID OK TO USE.

·
Registered
795 Posts
For 400-500 I would buy it. Even if you use it as a parts sled you will get your money out of it. For what it takes I would drain the coolant & remove the head. Don't use starting fluid, It will be hard to start because it sat to long. Drain all the gas, clean the carbs( they might be gummed up) & add new gas. You might want to put a set of plugs in it. Good luck :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts