Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used this belt it was suggested to me to use it they seem very soft how good do they grip the clutches and how do they hold up
:p

·
Registered
86 Posts
A full 1100 km on the 0127 before it puked yellow/orange troll doll hair. I was clearly outside the service limit. 800 km of very aggressive trail ridding should have you looking for a replacement. If you are looking for a belt for the long haul check out the 0152 (Gold) belt. 1800km on this one with lots of life left. I use this one on long trips. I haven't tried the 8607 so I can't compare.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I thought the 0127 held up good for trail riding but did not like getting pounded,the gold belt is hard and slips a lot , i blew 2 golds but warranty covered them , i stick to the 8607 , thats my thought and experience

·
Registered
980 Posts
I used both back to back last year, 127 is better trail belt I guess you could say, definitly better to 70mph or so, but 067 is about 4 MPH faster in top speed. 127 seems to run a little cooler also.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I use the 127's in my summit with good luck. First belts I've used that I actually wear below width spec (and farther). Everything else, you name it, blew before it was wore out. Before skidoo had mistubushi build it we were slotting the motor mounts so we could run the yamaha mistu belts. I have one 127 that started hanging a thread, snipped it off and superglued the loose end back in the slot, ran it for 200-300 more miles and still have it for a spare. I'd like to try gates new mt belt or the gold but it's hard to argue with past success so I'll praoble pick up another 127 before drops them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
hillpounder, how many kms are you getting on this belt? What type of ridding are you doing?

·
Registered
556 Posts
No substitute!!! Go with the 127. It's a little slower top end but the performance from 0-100 cant be matched. I have pushed this belt to the extreme and it has answered the call every time. GLHRACING can vouch for this also. :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
0127 is a real good belt, but it does'nt last that long on these big twins , if you want real good performance all the time run newer belts ,for what you spend on a new high performance sled, whats a new belt every 800 to a thousand miles.the key is to break them in before you run them hard and they will work better and last longer 8607 is still the best performer and thier only like 60 bucks , skidoo golds only slip on 800's no matter what you do and you'll lose lots of top speed

·
Registered
261 Posts
dont run them hard for about 50 miles or so, actually what i like to do is have them on my wifes 500 for about 100 miles then they hold up good. otherwise just dont gouge on it and run it wfo for 50 to 75 miles

·
Registered
211 Posts
I ran the 127 belt during this past grass drag season, and it was great! They really bite, but you have to watch the deflection. Just keep them set properly and they work great. The gold belt is too hard, and it slips a lot. Remember, if you change to a gold belt, you have to change your clutch set-up. They will change your power curve by as much as 300 RPM. Even the Ski-Doo race manual says to run the 127. The gold belt is just so they can soak you for another $40.

·
Registered
372 Posts
well i just went out and bought the 8607 ,i will try it out and compare it to the 0127 and let you guys know what happens ,i have a little work done to the clutches ,,,, etc .etc....you know every one has there little thing that they do not tell. :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
doothedoo800, The longest I ran one (127) was 1100 miles, mostly boondockin up through the trees and hillclimbing, got a few with 8-900 miles. I'll let you convert that into KMH's (keep movin hoser's). I set the offset to 1 7/16 and move the motor almost straight with the torque stop touching but not tight. I do not rely totally on the deflection adjusters, I move the motor foward as the belt gets longer and I run them track creep tight. I've gotten the 127 so hot on some long pulls that when I let off at the top it was stuck down in the secondary (wouldn't backshift out). Pulled it back out let it cool off and kept going. All the doo belts of past would have been shredded toast. Not saying that they can't be blown, they can, just better than what do has offered before. I used to feel lucky if I got a weekend of riding in without having to buy a new belt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts