Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Rotax is the supplier of engines to Aprilia,could Bombi be planning a take over of Aprilia to add to their portfolio???

Here is a ROTAX powered Crotch rocket :hallo1: :hallo1:

:withstupid: :hallo1: :hallo1: :hallo1: :hallo1: :hallo1: :hallo1:

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'd say that with colors like that, it might be a done deal ;) :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
First off that picture is an RSV1000 4 stroke. They don't even have a "rotax powered crotch rocket" and secondly Bombardier would never try and build a superbike..4 stroke is the way for superbikes, especially now that the FIM has allowed litre bikes such as GSXR1000 and R1's to race this year, bad news for Ducati and Honda but its about time they did it..even Moto GP (valentino Rossi, Biaggi etc) are all on 4 stroke bike's for the first time in history..Rotax in a motorcycle is Hopless...unless you race flat track or sidecar..Aprillia would never digress..
My .02

·
Registered
328 Posts
Rotax does provide the engines for the Aprilia 1000cc machines. They are v-twins and four strokes.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Rotax 4 strokes make some serious power. Look at all there other model lines that have 4 strokes, ATV, Watercraft. They make the most power and have second to none reliablity.

Aprilla is powered by rotax, I read it in a bike magazine, It was rated the top 10 bike and said its probably the fastest production bike. it had rotax printed right on the bottom of the bike.

If bombardier bought them it would be an other area they dominate it. Read the company polocy. They state that they will be at the top of the game in any market and they got the money and attitude to do it.

And i wouldnt be suprized to see 2 stroke make a comeback in bikes two. A well tuned 1000cc triple 2 stroke with DI fuel delivery would put a stop to all that 4 stroke nonsence.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I dont know but this one looks pretty nice too me. Must sound nice too. Makes me think back to my RD 350 days . I'm pretty sure this aprilla is rotax powered. Might not be a super bike , but im sure it would be fun to ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Permafrost, that bike is fun to ride I have tried, its a RSV250 2 stroke....

·
Registered
886 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Nov 26 2002, 03:37 PM
If bombardier bought them it would be an other area they dominate it. Read the company polocy. They state that they will be at the top of the game in any market and they got the money and attitude to do it.
I wonder what Enron and Arthur Anderson's mission statements were...
Sorry, couldn't let that one go :p

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SPANKY@Nov 26 2002, 03:25 PM
First off that picture is an RSV1000 4 stroke. They don't even have a  "rotax powered crotch rocket"  and secondly Bombardier would never try and build a superbike..4 stroke is the way for superbikes, especially now that the FIM has allowed litre bikes such as GSXR1000 and R1's to race this year, bad news for Ducati and Honda but its about time they did it..even Moto GP (valentino Rossi, Biaggi etc) are all on 4 stroke bike's for the first time in history..Rotax in a motorcycle is Hopless...unless you race flat track or sidecar..Aprillia would never digress..
My .02
Spanky

Do you know who makes the negine for the Aprilia RSV1000??? :D

Rotax :D

Yes its a Rotax 4stroke in the RSV 1000 :D

Yes its a 4stroke,V-twin 60' degree 1000 ROTAX :p

above is from the Rotax site :)

Below is from Aprilia :sly:

Bombi owns Rotax :p

Rotax has been in MotorCycles for years :)

BMW Motorcycles use Rotax 4strokes :sly:

ATK use Rotax 4strokes and 2 stroke :sly:

Aprilia Motorcycles use Rotax 4strokes and 2 strokes :sly:

Please look into stuff before adding your 2 cents :doh:

Spanky this post is not an attack,but rather a statement of facts,please no hard feelings :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Like I said in the other forum. Aprilia is a awesome bike. The quality is a awesome and so is the engine. They just arnt as popular as other bikes, probably due to the higher cost of buying one. If I ever have the money I'll get an Aprilia in no time.

·
Registered
959 Posts
the more companys the more they have to compete for the lowest price and best sled the more the marrier!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by LabradorBoy@Nov 27 2002, 09:27 AM
Freezerburnt,

Thank you for adding that before I had the chance to.

Open mouth, insert foot.

-Rob
I'll second that.

There it is before your eyes, Spanky. It was also before you in the first picture of the yellow Mille. By the way, Aprilia has been a force -- if not a dominate force -- in the 125 and 250 class (two-strokes) for some time. They only started their V-twin four strokes about four or five years ago and immediately fielded a competitive bike with Troy Corser as the rider. He led the points race a time or two and finished in the top five for a couple of years. He's not riding for them any longer, I believe.

Just look at an Aprilia, Mille, Falco, Futura, Capo-Norde, or the new Tuono (sp?) and each and every case the quality and top-shelf componentry is amazing; magazine editors love them. There is a review of the new Tuono in one of this month's bike mags and the writers were nuts over the Tuono. It's a naked bike that is powered by the same V-twin 1000 that powers the Mille R.

As far as Bombardier taking over Aprilia, I've never heard anything about that, but it is a fact that Bombardier owns Rotax and Rotax motors are in Aprilia bikes.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look at the hp of their 500cc V twin 2stroke racer

140hp at 11,000rpm :hallo1:

Now why can't Skidoo build a 140hp 500cc sled engine ;) ???

The RSV 1000 is 130hp 4stroke Vtwin:sly:

BTW the post was meant as a What if???since Bombi owns Rotax and Aprilia uses Rotax

It does not mean Bombi was going to buy out Aprilia btw

HMMMMMMMMM............. :p

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Nov 28 2002, 01:53 PM
For all you know bombardier already does own Aprilla.
Can't be true :angry:

I own both Bommbi and Aprilia,bought them last week on Ebay only $14billion,a real bargain IMO :p :hallo1:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Me of all people should have known better....#### happens.I should have thought before hand.... my apologies..Aprillia's are effective in In the 125 and 250 class of moto gp.... Marco Malandri is one of the best....But Haga..who is Piloting the 1000 version still Finds it difficult to Put his Aprillia on the Box...and he is by far a world class rider with proven championship capabilities....I do believe in time aprillia will be a championship contender, only because Of Haga.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts