Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jus a quick note!

who in the right mines will buy a 2003 msrp 9500 mach z in a ck3? i think this is there way to phaze it out, next year they will claim low sales for mach z?  and as for the REV trip, i think if the trip would fit in it, the mach z would be in it NO?
well hope they spend some $$ on the mach z this year !

9500 american = ? in cdn
whats the msrp in cdn?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Nahhh doos got the market covered now for guys who are trying to make up for a lack of size elsewhere by getting a big tripple  

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The ck3 is a great chassie.  Regardless of what everyone else that bought a ZX with out thinking of the CK3 and now have to put it down just to justify there buy.  I have both and the ck3 is more stable and flatter in the corners.  It has a better ride and much more power.  The only thing that the zx kills the ck3 at is jumbs and bumps and seriously rough trails.  But i drive my Mach on groomed trails with the ocasional washboard and the Mach just takes care of it.  I even hit a jump or two about a foot of air.  The ZX is a great chassie also.  The mach would sell alot more if it was in the Zx because it would combine the serious power of a triple with the agility and mogle bashing force of the ZX chassie.  

Personally this is what i think happend.  I think that doo was going to kill the Mach Z.  Then they recived my army of letters and phone calls and e-mails.  I told them to look at this sight and convicenced my operator that there still is a market for the mach.  But of coarse one guy wont make a diffrence but then Arctic cat foolishly got rid of the T-cat and replaced it with a laughable 900 (863) twin which does not appel to triple owners anyway. And then yamaha brought the rx-1.  So skidoo scrambled to put the triple in the ZX but didnt have it ready intime so they just put the CK3 back and will probably have the ZX later this year with a fuel injected triple.  

Thats my guess.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I don't know guys, I had a 99 machZ and sold it after riding my buddies 2002 800 MXZX for a day thru some of the nastiest trails Michigans UP could dish out.  There is absolutely no comparison between the two chassis's.  Sure the Triple smokes the twin, but the handleing and ride is awesome on the MXZX!  I, like machzzz1 refuse to buy a twin which is why I jumped to Yamaha.  The CK-3 has simply been passed over in the technology department.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I wouldnt buy another CK-3....like might rx-1 I too rode an MXZX and even though it doesnt have the triples power and speed its handling WAY outclasses the CK. Right now my dream would be however the 809 in an MXZ chassis and call it the MX3 or the MachIII!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've owned every model year Mach Z that's come out of Valcourt.  The 93s were a bit off as was the 98 but I've had extremely good luck with them nevertheless.  I've been riding since 1965 and have owned 30 some sleds.  While they're not the lightest, nor the best handling, they are fast.  Not everybody has one and I like that.  When I come out of a watering hole, I don't have any problem finding my Machs.  They do cost a bit more but who cares.  And yes, I will probably buy an 03.

Mark

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've rode both a CK3 and ZX.  My 02 MXZ X is a very nice sled, and so is my dad's Mach 1.  They are made for different reasons, hense they have different rides.  The Mach is a heck of a sled, and will give any sled a run for the money.  And my MXZ X is a heck of a light sled.  I love them both, and I would buy a CK3 anytime.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I would get rid of my 800 twin if they put a 800 triple with a single pipe in the zx.Man did i like those form 3 800's and it would be way better in a zx chasis.I'm not knocking the cks at all cause it has it's strong points as well.But i definately like they way i can throw my zx around and not be tired out.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
well here's my take on this if I got to ride really nice groomed trails all the time a mach would be great,but in reality I get to ride some pretty rough stuff most of the time I  get to ride so a mxz is better for most of my rides.regardless what is being said here no mach can out handle an mxz in the nasty trails we all see, that is a fact not just justification for my purchase.if I wanted a mach you can bet I would have one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts