Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to my dealer today and asked him for any secret info for 2004. He said and I quote  "Ski Doo is going to have a new radical sled that would have similarities to the Redline type sleds" Sounds like the Rev is just the begining for the big change. So where is this new sled going to fit? We already have 2 ditch bangers( Rev and MXZ) The ZX will still be around for a while he also stated.

I asked him about having SDI engines in all '04 Doos and he said nope  
  too bad for that.

No news for tripple guys  

·
Registered
310 Posts
will they still have the REV around for a while too??  and what about the 800H.O in the REV?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
It would be nice if they'd change the plastic on the ZX chassis for '04. They've had the same plastic since '99.

On the chassis side, I can't think of anything off the top of my head. At least I have a bit on an idea of what I'll be ordering next spring

If I hear of anything, I'll post it.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sledcrazy @ Aug. 24, 2002, 7:39pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">will they still have the REV around for a while too??  and what about the 800H.O in the REV?[/b][/quote]
The Rev will be here to stay for a while for sure.

I am hoping that they will use the SDI engine in more applications. Namely the Rev. I will chew on his ear and post it.

If you guys have anything to add or have a question about Doos bright future,post them and I will ask him about it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
REV RENEGADE  
?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
a mach zx!!! we need one

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think ski-doo is trying to make themselves the top of the sledding market, just like every other company, but i think DOO is doing the best job of it, they came out with REV, and this new one next year.  I hope the ZX and ZX-X, and REV chassis stick around for a while.  another thing i wish that ski-doo did for spring ordering was an option for better suspension, like RYDE FX or something like that.  just a clicker option.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Skidoo may not sell the most but they are the top.  

Skidoo has got some major stuff coming out.

Just think about what they got to play with.

SDI
REV
ZX
809 TRIPLE
800 TWIN
HO engines

They got a barn full of goodies, all they need to do is make some pretty good combos and they would be top seller.

MACH Z(X) with 809SDI would be one of those combos.

HEHEHEHE

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
One thing ticks me off is the NO-HO for us only summits.  Why do the mountains sleds get the goodies first
Need i mention that they are all in ZX-X chassis too.  I really wish i could have those 2 things on my new gade

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hey 7, You talked to Rob eh? You guys can pretty much believe what mxz7 is tellin' you because we go to the same dealer and Rob Strauss actually helped develope the Rev and has been to Valcourt many times, so I'm sure he knows what's going on, He's more than just a great dealer, He got ski-doo to pay for over $600 dollars in parts last year when my crank went bad with 6000 miles on it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
ok  --  your old fashioned!

I do understand what you mean though --- but anything that can make the poorly groomed trails easier on the body is the kind of “new” I like…

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
We need the Mach Zx im just waiting to buy a new sled and thats what i want.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Steimy @ Sep. 17, 2002, 7:01pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey 7, You talked to Rob eh? You guys can pretty much believe what mxz7 is tellin' you because we go to the same dealer and Rob Strauss actually helped develope the Rev and has been to Valcourt many times, so I'm sure he knows what's going on, He's more than just a great dealer, He got ski-doo to pay for over $600 dollars in parts last year when my crank went bad with 6000 miles on it.[/b][/quote]
Sure did horsecollar. It actually wasn't Rob that told me,but one of his top guys.He said to keep the info to myself. LOL me keep a sercret,ya right!!!

Steimy, are you going to the open house? We should meet up and suck down a few of those freebie brats,and give Shaun a hard time about his big belly. Did you see that guy lately,he is like 350 lbs. LOL

·
Registered
226 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mxz7 @ Aug. 24, 2002, 5:47pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I talked to my dealer today and asked him for any secret info for 2004. He said and I quote  "Ski Doo is going to have a new radical sled that would have similarities to the Redline type sleds" Sounds like the Rev is just the begining for the big change. So where is this new sled going to fit? We already have 2 ditch bangers( Rev and MXZ) The ZX will still be around for a while he also stated.

I asked him about having SDI engines in all '04 Doos and he said nope  
  too bad for that.

No news for tripple guys  
[/b][/quote]
What he was talking about was New shocks. The Redlines have Bilstein shocks with Eibach springs.. Indy car stuff  

I heard thru the vine that Doo has an agreement with somone that will provide a similar High quaility shock for them.
As for the SDI, they are working on variations now like a batteryless version for the mxz/REV sleds.

Evel

1 - 20 of 30 Posts