Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 95 formula z 583

i keep fouling up spark plugs... can anyone help me here.. i can run for like 1/2 tank of gas and then it boggs out and almost stalls out.... and if i swap the plugs it runs great.. is there a different spark plug i should try? i have BR9ES in there right now

also.. if the motor gets to warm.. will that cause it to bogg out?

please help ASAP
thanks

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
i got a 95 formula z 583

i keep fouling up spark plugs... can anyone help me here.. i can run for like 1/2 tank of gas and then it boggs out and almost stalls out.... and if i swap the plugs it runs great.. is there a different spark plug i should try? i have BR9ES in there right now
also.. if the motor gets to warm.. will that cause it to bogg out?

please help ASAP
thanks[/b]
Are you gapping the plus at .016" ~ .018". Do not allow the engine to idle for long periods of time except for warm up. Make sure your needle clips are on position #3 and your air screws are at 1 turn out after lightly seated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you gapping the plus at .016" ~ .018". Do not allow the engine to idle for long periods of time except for warm up. Make sure your needle clips are on position #3 and your air screws are at 1 turn out after lightly seated.[/b]

how long should i let it warm up for?

i dont have a spark plug gapper.. that goes that low...

and how and where do i find the needle clips? and air screws?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
how long should i let it warm up for?
Untill the cylinder head is hot to touch.
i dont have a spark plug gapper.. that goes that low...
I can't help you there !!!
and how and where do i find the needle clips? and air screws?

Needles are in the throttle slides under the threaded caps on the tops of the carbs(better leave that part to an experienced mechanic or you might find yourself with a runaway sled)[/b]
The idle screws are on the RH rear of the carbs angled upward (as seen sitting on the seat) they are brass in colour and should be closed very carefully and set at 1 turn out (counter clockwise) with the engine off. One turn out is simply a starting point you may need to play with the +/- 1/4 turn to achieve a smooth idle (max rpm)

·
Registered
243 Posts
fuel-oil mixure. The gaping won't be the problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fuel-oil mixure. The gaping won't be the problem.[/b]

ok and how do i fix the problem?

and if this is the case.. how come i can ride the sled on new plugs.. for 1 week and a bit.. and then all of a sudden the plugs are fouled..

i dunno im lost. ive tried everything i can think
of

can someone hlep me fix this

we got a tonne of snow and i cant use it

·
Registered
123 Posts
After a ride, what colour are the spark plugs? Really black, brown, or a lighter colour?
Im assuming the oil injection is still hooked up and your not pre mixing? Have you noticed any excessive, oil use?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a ride, what colour are the spark plugs? Really black, brown, or a lighter colour?
Im assuming the oil injection is still hooked up and your not pre mixing? Have you noticed any excessive, oil use?[/b]

they are black.. somtimes brown........ yes oil injection.. and im not pre mixing... no i havent had an excessive oil use... bout average.. compared to my other sled...

could bad gas do this? here in town alot of ppl with lawnmowers and 2 cycle motors have had alot of problems with the gas..

i dunno

·
Registered
76 Posts
Are both plugs fouling? that would be odd in my opinion... My wifes 583 fouled the left plug steady when I bought it. had BOTH carbs cleaned and adj. by dealer and never another problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check to make sure both the carbs are synchronized. Meaning that both throttle flaps open at the same time. This could be exactly what your problem may be. I had the same concern with my sled and one of the screws holding the throttle flaps to the synchronizer shaft was loose. I tightened it up and snowmobiling season was back in action. Hope this helped you out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check to make sure both the carbs are synchronized. Meaning that both throttle flaps open at the same time. This could be exactly what your problem may be. I had the same concern with my sled and one of the screws holding the throttle flaps to the synchronizer shaft was loose. I tightened it up and snowmobiling season was back in action. Hope this helped you out.[/b]
give the carbs a good cleaning .i had the same problem and found a sticking float.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts