Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently picked up an 88 skidoo safari 377 for my 7 year old son. a friend of mine rolled it and messed up the hood pretty good. so i would like to get a new used hood. but i dont know where to get one? i checked ebay but nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i recently picked up an 88 skidoo safari 377 for my 7 year old son. a friend of mine rolled it and messed up the hood pretty good. so i would like to get a new used hood. but i dont know where to get one? i checked ebay but nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated....[/b]
You could hunt up some salvage yards in your area. sometimes people scrap the sled cause the motor went . There's a couple here in mi ,ill see if I can locate one up here for you .If I remember right the safari hood is the same a citation w/ differant graphics,Maybe not that year though, not sure . You might have luck surfing the vintage forums and sites they would be better to help you finding one :thumbsup:

good luck on the hunt, atleast everyone is ok

mutt

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive checked salvage yards around heree. snowmobiling is not a big sport here anymore. NO SNOW!!! i found a guy who has a new one, but he wants 700.00 bucks for it. i only paid 600 for the whole thing.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Try J.T.'s here in Ontario, sure they'll ship. 1-800-465-5668.

·
Registered
252 Posts
my buddy just finished cutting one of those up.i know he has the hood still he also has a pile of other parts for that same sled.i will ask him what he wants for it but i'm sure it won't be much.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my buddy just finished cutting one of those up.i know he has the hood still he also has a pile of other parts for that same sled.i will ask him what he wants for it but i'm sure it won't be much.[/b]
let me know. my son has been asking when he'll get a new one.... thanx alot buddy

·
Registered
252 Posts
the safari he cut up is a 1991/92.he has your phone number. he told me to ask you if yours has the pop up headlight or a straight hood.if you have a pic we could compare the 2 of them.he is pretty sure it will work.the hood he has is in mint condition,no cracks or bumps.he is asking 250 canadian but make an offer. shipping is your exspense.this would be around 200 u.s dollars with the exchange. it would be in your favor on the dollar! he also has a wack of parts for that same sled. track,suspension,gas tank, skis. any questions give him a call. (519) 393-5392 his name is william.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i don't think he did. but if thats the way the light is then its deffinatly the right hood.

·
Registered
252 Posts
ok i just got off the phone with him. he called around and did some research.apparently they were the same hood until 1991 then they changed the belly on them.so sorry to say it will not fit your sled.that really sucks,but its better to find out now then after you pay for it and open the box only to discover it don't fit.that would suck even more lol.oh well at least we tried.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok i just got off the phone with him. he called around and did some research.apparently they were the same hood until 1991 then they changed the belly on them.so sorry to say it will not fit your sled.that really sucks,but its better to find out now then after you pay for it and open the box only to discover it don't fit.that would suck even more lol.oh well at least we tried.[/b]
does your buddy still have safari parts I am looking for a seat and maybe some other stuff for a safari.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts