Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the R&D boys at Doo have a direct line to the R&D boys at Cat.First the tunnel now the a-arms.Ski-doo should be paying Cats R&D boys for doing all their work for them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Why is it all the Arctic Cat people think that they invented the A-arm??  All the manufacturers borrow ideas from one another.  If they hadn't you would be seeing 4 VERY different types of snowmobiles from each manufacturer and none of them would be as good as all the snowmobiles are now.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
A-arms have been on atv's for awhile and been on automobiles {& trucks} for longer. no snow guy invented them unless he works for a snowmobile company now.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Didn't doo have the A arm first on the safari line?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Competition is good for the sport it will make all the company's try to one up each other! therefore we all will be riding better handling & and more powerful sleds, I also here polaris has a double a-arm in development,

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Doo had 10 inch rear suspensions in the early 80's on the Mx. and an A-arm trail racer before Cat went fishing for a couple years( Prior to 1983. ) A arms have been in the automotive industry way before any sled had been released as production. Ski-doos tapered tunnel looks better than a bunch of rivets added on to back end, the Cat looked like a long track tunnel extension. But I do like the Cat secondary clutch.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Too bad there's this buisness thing called competition even though that enbcourages new technologies otherwise, we could have sleds with every inovative technologies from every brand. M10 susp. with mxzx chassis, A arm, anti detonation sensor, rer, roller sec. tra primary, with rotax or yammer 2 or 3 cyl. motor. That would make a sweet sled
 A yamadoopolarcat

·
Registered
27 Posts
IF SKI-DOO STOLE R&D FROM CAT THEY WOULD BE BROKE AND LAST ALL THE TIME, IF IT WASN'T FOR SKI-DOO POLARIS WOULD BE OUT OF SNOWMOBILING AND IN TROUBLE LIKE CAT WAS. THEY ALREADY STOLE RAVE VALVE, TUNNEL, YELLOW, WHITE GAUGE'S, THEY BOUGHT THE RIGHT'S TO THE RER SYSTEM AND SKI'S. GIVE ME A BRAKE, IF IT WASN'T FOR BOMBARDIER THERE WOULDN'T BE SNOWMOBILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
HEY SLURP,
 I WAS NOT TRYING TO BE OUT OF HAND BUT I'M A LOYAL SKI-DOO MAN AND THEY HAVE NEVER PLAYED FOLLOW THE LEADER TO ANY MANUFACTURER, AND YES I DO NEED SOME SNOW!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.