Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running the sled for about 10 minutes and about an hour after i noticed a small pool of oil right where the exhaust exits under the sled . is this normal or is something leaking. sled is stored outdoors in the summer. thanks :doh: :cussing: ok now i also have the oil light on and the resior is full? it wont go off had it running for a while and when throttle seems to be a slight little knock??????? maybe i should have stuck with the cats************* :nervous:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Dont worry its not a 4 stroke. It just moisture mixed in with some exhaust crude.Or your chain case cover is leaking which is by your ehhaust nipple.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If it was coming out of your exhaust then don't worry about it. Once it is cold enough to ride, let it sit and idle for a few minutes (5 should be plenty) and see if the snow is black undder the exhaust outlet. If it is, then your either too rich in jetting or using too much oil. Both of these problems if you have one are very easy to fix. If you have problems in the snow, e-mail me and I'll help you with it. It is cheap and easy to fix though.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you fogged it before storage it's most likely that fogging oil coming out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea thats what i was hoping. i just purchased the sled and finding as little here and little there's on it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yup if they guy you bought it off is a good dooer he would have fogged the engine before he stored it ,did it smoke like crazy at first this is a good sign. :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this kid didnt know much. he had a huge garage that was empty and stored it outside. under a tarp. but she has a little knocking to her. and the oil light wont go off and the oil resivor is full??

·
Registered
561 Posts
What kind of sled is it ? I have a Mach-z and when I first got it .... black liquid was coming out of the exhaust to .... Turned out being a stuck choke . As for the oil light ??? can't help you there .. You could take the exhaust off and empty it ... just to see .... If you got a tripple tripple and find liquid in one of the exhaust ... that's the one that the choke is stuck ... :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would tend to think that it is the engine fogger too. Chaincase is another good one. Just curious, as to how old your sled is and if it is a triple. What are you riding?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts