Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a modular one helmet which is the original ski doo modular helmet and they came out with a modular 2 helmet... And no its not the bv2s hemlemt. There is a modular 2 helmet that is now out... Does anyone have either of these helmets? All my friends have the modular 1 helmet and they say its great, but the modular 2 helmet could only be better right? Please fill me in!! Ohh I am not a ski dooer either but obviously from what I hear these helmets are the best money can buy.... I absolutely hate when my visor freezes up!!

I uploaded the modular two helmet (top) and then the modular one helmet (bottom)

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
heres a thought, get an hjc modular helmet with a heated shield, you'll save a bunch of money and be happy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres a thought, get an hjc modular helmet with a heated shield, you'll save a bunch of money and be happy[/b]
So not only should I but an hjc modular helmet but by and accessory outlet for my snowmobile and it will all be under 200 bucks? Hmm...to good to be true?

·
Registered
361 Posts
So not only should I but an hjc modular helmet but by and accessory outlet for my snowmobile and it will all be under 200 bucks? Hmm...to good to be true?[/b]
figured your 06 sled had an outlet already, i thought most did...my bad

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
We have the Modular helmets.. ( lower pic) and have never had a fogging issue Ever ! As you may already know these helmets have a built in sun shield for those bright sunny days. I love that feature. ( just slide down your tinted shield from the top).

For anyone who has this helmet here is a little tip. You do NOT have to buy the pads for your breather masks at the dealer. Just go to get a box of nursing pads and cut to fit the mouth piece. I'm telling you they are made out of the exact same material as the pads from the dealer and are far less expensive. One box will last you a few seasons. (You only get 10 in a package from the dealer at 10 dollars a pop.) :crazy:

Snow4

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I just put the outlet on my 06 renegade , costs around 25 bucks. I love my mod 1. I just bought a new jaw piece and shield for it last night. I have to agree with Jack Frost its the best, esp for glasses. however the first year the mask left much to be desired, a new one came soon. I use it all the time. with glasses, I have not found a better lid. after 30 plus years. I think that sums it up.

·
4,440 Posts
We have the Modular helmets.. ( lower pic) and have never had a fogging issue Ever ! As you may already know these helmets have a built in sun shield for those bright sunny days. I love that feature. ( just slide down your tinted shield from the top).

For anyone who has this helmet here is a little tip. You do NOT have to buy the pads for your breather masks at the dealer. Just go to get a box of nursing pads and cut to fit the mouth piece. I'm telling you they are made out of the exact same material as the pads from the dealer and are far less expensive. One box will last you a few seasons. (You only get 10 in a package from the dealer at 10 dollars a pop.) :crazy:

Snow4[/b]
I like kid rockers fix, he cut a piece of synthetic chamois for it. nice just wring it out and go.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I like kid rockers fix, he cut a piece of synthetic chamois for it. nice just wring it out and go.[/b]
Well,,,,,lol That might work for Dave, but snowmutt would be smelling his own breath after a few wring outs and that could be dangerous... lmao ! ( hope he doesnt see this ) :lookaround:

Snow4

·
4,440 Posts
Well,,,,,lol That might work for Dave, but snowmutt would be smelling his own breath after a few wring outs and that could be dangerous... lmao ! ( hope he doesnt see this ) :lookaround:

Snow4[/b]
you would know as you are the one kissing him :whistling:

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
you would know as you are the one kissing him :whistling:[/b]
no comment......I'm too smart for that.. lmao

·
4,440 Posts
no comment......I'm too smart for that.. lmao[/b]
good thing , I had one planned for you if you had of. so I will have to post it without the invite. " I know your a woman, so your not kissing the wrong end." :whistling: better watch it on this one :lmao: . don't tell idooskis wife I said it. she will not bring me any cookies .

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I just put the outlet on my 06 renegade , costs around 25 bucks. I love my mod 1. I just bought a new jaw piece and shield for it last night. I have to agree with Jack Frost its the best, esp for glasses. however the first year the mask left much to be desired, a new one came soon. I use it all the time. with glasses, I have not found a better lid. after 30 plus years. I think that sums it up.[/b]
I am glad to hear this - I just bought the modular 2 in the hopes it will keep my glasses from fogging up! :)

The dealer had '1' and '2' versions for sale right next to each other - the '2' was only $15 more expensive. Looked like the '2' was a little better vented and for the price difference decided to just go with the '2'.

I haven't taken it out riding yet, but from wearing it around the house a little it is heavier than I am used to (my old helmet is close to 20 years old) but does a really good job venting my breath outside the helmet. I am still worried about fogging the glasses when I start to sweat inside the helmet but I hope the venting is sufficient for that...

dave

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I am glad to hear this - I just bought the modular 2 in the hopes it will keep my glasses from fogging up! :)

The dealer had '1' and '2' versions for sale right next to each other - the '2' was only $15 more expensive. Looked like the '2' was a little better vented and for the price difference decided to just go with the '2'.

I haven't taken it out riding yet, but from wearing it around the house a little it is heavier than I am used to (my old helmet is close to 20 years old) but does a really good job venting my breath outside the helmet. I am still worried about fogging the glasses when I start to sweat inside the helmet but I hope the venting is sufficient for that...

dave[/b]
If your glasses are Lexan lenses, try applying Pledge to them (inside and out) with a soft wipe. That generally reduces the clearing time when you stop and open the hatch.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
If your glasses are Lexan lenses, try applying Pledge to them (inside and out) with a soft wipe. That generally reduces the clearing time when you stop and open the hatch.[/b]
Hmmm - I know they are plastic with an anti-glare coating. I don't know if they are Lexan - I will need to find the papers on them and see if it says.

Do you know if pledge does something bad if they are non-Lexan plastic or to the coating? I know there are a couple of anti-fogging products out there to put on the lenses that other members have mentioned. I was going to look into them before the season starts. I better get going on that - I don't know where the last month went!

Thanks for the tip!

dave

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
No the impact / scratch resistant / reduced glare are fine with Pledge. The anti fog products are good (although good ones are $$$) but need to have a thorough and I mean thorough application several times to be effective. BTW the Pledge is also a good wax for your helmet and visor. The lemon doesn't smell so bad either.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I have one of the 1st modulars out (2000) and I still have it today. Painted it last yr and found that one of the nubs in the jaw pc was gone but still worked fine( must of been one of the bail offs). I was in the market for a new shield for it , but they where a 100 bucks . At the time all I could fine was the shield and jaw pc .
I used it last season as it was and never had any issues. This yr i was set to get a new shield but when we went to the novi show you could buy the whole bucket for 200 cause of the modular 2 was out .

A few years back when snow 4 needed a new replacement from the foggy G-max junk. I found them for 160 bucks when the BV2 came out . I should of bought 2 then.

ONE THING is a must , buy extra snap rings for the mask. over time of bending it they will break. I buy a set every yr for backups.

mutt

P.S we dont kiss during sled season, we rub noses or high fives lol

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ive used the Mod 1 since the year it came out. No problems with fogging at all. I did get the heated shield for mine but more for ice. When I would ride here in IN it is often times not as cold as it is up north and a lot of nights we would get freezing rain and or sleet that would build up on the visor. No more of that with the heat. Great helmet.
I never once used the pads in mine either. One time in Wawa it was REALLY cold and mine little vent tubes had ice in them but they never completely pugged up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it seems as though there isnt any complaints about the first version of the modular helmet, but I think I am going to go for the 2nd version of the modular helmet, cause it looks a little nicer... It should have all the bugs out of the first version as well... Thanks for everyones input, it was very helpful to me...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts