Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Year did Ski-Doo put the SC-10 Suspension in the Summits?

Did the 96 Summit have the SC-10 Suspension. The Ski-Doo website only goes back to 1997. Does anyone know the differences between the 96 to 97 models?

I have a chance to pick up a 96 Summit 583 for $1000 with 2200 miles. What do you think?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have a chance to pick up a 96 Summit 583 for $1000 with 2200 miles. What do you think?
[/quote]
Depends on what shape the sled is, but still sounds like a deal. I have a 96 bouchure, I will see if I can find it today & post the specs tonight

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm back & I found my 96 catalog
Looks like the 96 Summit has the sc-10 suspention.
Comes in the S-chassis :thumbsup: lighter then the F-chassis
stock track was 136-15-1 1/2 lug
Here is all the specs
engine - 583 LC with RAVE
carburetion - 2x VM 38 HAC
exhaust - Tuned pipe to spiral muffler
drive pulley - cushion drive T.R.A.C.
brake type - Mechanical disc self adjusting
frt suspention - DSA w/swing arm/radius rods & sway bar
frt shocks - 2 Nitrogen cell gas
frt suspention travel - 6.5 inch
rear suspention - SC-10 Mountain
frt arm shock - 1 Hydraulic
rear arm shock - 1 Nitrogen cell gas
rear suspention travel - 10.0 inch
dry weight - 489 lbs
ski stance - 37.0 inch
fuel tank - 40.0 L/10.6gal
Not sure if you wanted this, if you did glad I could help :D If the sled is not in to bad of shape I know I would buy it. The 583 motor is one of the best motors that ski doo built. I had one for 4 years in a 96 STX. Not one problem

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Thanks for your help.

I bought the sled. It seems to be in good condition.

I included a picture[/b]
I hate to sound like a broken record, but triple-check the clutching and jetting and be sure it matches the OEM chart specifications for your intended altitude range. Every sled I've bought has been set up crazy and usually had some kind of performance problem that was cured by following the clutching and jetting charts. If the tuning is just a little off the performance will be bad...if it's way off and you don't fix it your engine is toast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts