Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a co-worker and fellow sledder and he told me this story. He heard it second hand and I poked a couple of holes in the story but he sticks to it.

A friend of his co-worker (Don't all these stories start the same?) met 2 Ski-doos running side by side on a trail in northern Ontario. Buddies sled is a write off. The guy that hit him is supposed to be a test rider for Ski-doo. The Ski-doo has no registration numbers & the guy no insurance. This is the first thing I find faulty with the story.

The Ski-doo guy gives him a number to call. Buddy calls it and it's someone with Ski-doo in their office at Winnipeg, Manitoba. This is the second problem I have with the story. As far as I know, Ski-doo doesn't have an office in Winnipeg. Wausau, yes.

Mr. Ski-doo asks buddy what would it take to keep this quiet. Buddy says a new whatever and a trailer. Mr. Ski-doo says it's yours come this fall.

I figure this is just some BS story. Maybe the guy wrote off his sled on his own and he figures if he tells enough people the story, they won't think he's an idiot. Like they say, don't believe everything you hear.

Now if it was Paul Y. telling us this , we'd know it was true.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
yah but i wouldn't tell a he said she said he said the guy that picks up the garbage at my butchers barber shop story like that.  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that  
You'd be the guy that it happened to & getting the new sled

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Thats interesting...If it were true I would have told him I needed a new 4*4 diesil to pull home that new sled and trailer.I mean it could be true and just got twisted over time.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think we'd all have to agree that it would be stupid if not financially irresponsible for any company, be it a car, snowmobile or motorcycle  company to allow one of their products off their property without proper documentation.

I know of an instance similiar to this (the undocumented vehicle) and people were fired!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I belive that they do have proto typs that have blank tunnels and are like a disposable unit. I agree it is not the most responsibe thing a company can do.......But i can see them doing it.....Maybe this was years ago.....Ya know when smoking was healthy

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Hey dont laugh.  Even though the story sound fishy i heard of a simular experiance.  A guy I know had his sleds parked in a parking lot right beside his truck.  Team skidoo pulls in and the driver of the truck hits some ice and smashes into his sled.  There was a lot of damage.  The Truck driver supositly had a suspended licence and to keep the word from getting out skidoo fixed up his sled with all new parts and gave him 5 year warrenty bumper to bumper.  

I also question this story but i guess your public image is pretty important and stuff like this cant leak out.

Its like toyota sending me a recall letter yesturday for a truck i sold 4 years ago because it was a POS.  There letter down plays the whole thing making it sound as if there wasnt a problem at all.  They only have to replace the Rear Bumper and whole rear suspention.

I imagine all japanise car manufactors are like that.  If you dont hear of any problems, There must not be and problmes attitude.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Come on now guy's , how can you even start to believe a story like that or any other! A free sled and trailer  A 5 year warrenty?  HAAAHAAAA

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mr670, I more or less posted the topic for its entertainment value. The friend that told me the "story" has blue underwear & I think he was trying to take a shot at "Big Yellow"

In the month that I've been on the forum I hadn't seen any nonsense posted like this one so I wanted to see what the reaction was. Normally I don't pass along garbage like this on the net or person to person. I don't buy into the "100 mpg carbs that some guy made in his shed & Exxon, Texaco, 76 ... paid him big bucks to get it off the market" conspiracies either.

I rember someone back in the late '70s or early '80s writing into Hot Rod magazine asking about these miracle carburetors. There answer was that a gallon of gas contains X amount of BTUs of stored energy & that a typical 4 stroke motor only converts 25% of this energy to actually move the vehicle. So a 100 mpg carb is impossible to design. especially when the so called inventor was running it on a '75 Impala (boat).

·
Registered
151 Posts
The stories all sound fishy until they happen to you.  

I have also heard the story Machzzzz1 told about from the same person and he did sound belivable when he told it. Me and Machzzzz1 dont have profe of this story we only heard about it.   When the people tell it to you they make it sound so belivable and I could almost see skidoo doing somthing like that.  I dont think they would give someone a sled and trailer but im sure they would do somthing.  

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I used to know a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy who..................and on and on............barbed wire stole the sled..............40miles later..................fire...............10000 foot mountain................superman heelclicker wheelie burnout in one shot all at once...............yeah, something like that

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Machzzzz1 & SnowmoKING, the victim in the story works in Oshawa. Does this agree with the story you heard.

I have also heard several versions of the "Spy shots @ the wedding reception story" too

A different spot where the pictures were hidden etc.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Actually i read this story in the paper. I think it was the national inquirer.
And everything in the inquirer is true isn't it?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think I saw it in the New York Post

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snow Monkey @ April 03, 2002, 4:43pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
I used to know a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy who..................and on and on............barbed wire stole the sled..............40miles later..................fire...............10000 foot mountain................superman heelclicker wheelie burnout in one shot all at once...............yeah, something like that
[/b][/quote]
LMAO!

I keep forgetting about that one! Where has Mr. 670HO been these days?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Maybe the barbed wire stole his sled as well and he is still chasing it  

You never know.........It could happen.........Sure it could

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm still here
I've been busy at work & didn't have the time to post anything. I was trying to think of some topics to post in the Yammi forum but my mind drew a blank
Maybe I can start a rumour about Yamaha's test riders or is there such a thing?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts