Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some help as to where to start when tuning a 99 440 MXZX for drag racing. A buddy of mine has this sled but we are having a hard time getting any help from the dealer. We are running the high comp heads, race fuel, weights added to the clutch etc. All the stuff that Doo says you have to do with the high comp heads. We need some help with the gearing and clutching. We are setting it up for 660' on an ice track. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if someone could just let me know where to get the race set-up manual that would be great.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i run a 01 MXZx440 in 660' snow drags right now i am running a blue/blue prim. with magnesium arms and about 12 grams of weight(doesn't sound like much weight, but the engine is running at 9700), not sure about the ramps, i think they are 297's(they are stock), as for the sec. i have a white sec. spring with a 53/47 helix and 20/44 gearing i think(its been 6 months since i touched the sled, so its all from memory)
you should get ahold of some adjustable pins, they make tuning these things a lot easier, especailly these little engines anyway if you have anymore questions, just post em

1 - 2 of 2 Posts