Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I SURE HOPE SKI-DOO GETS THEIR HEAD OUT AND PRODUCES A SLED TO COMPETE WITH THE NEW ZR 900. I HAVE MY 01 800 SET UP SWEET BUT I WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO BEAT THE CAT IN 1000FT, THEN ITS BYE BYE. I THINK THEY SHOULD TAKE SOME ADVICE FROM US SKI-DOO RIDERS. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A 900 TRIPLE IN A ZX CHASIS OR ATLEAST A TWIN. IF I HAVE TO I WILL BUY THE CAT AND PAINT IT YELLOW.NOW YOU KNOW IVE BEEN HITTIN THE SAUCE, I DONT LIKE THE CATS THAT MUCH BUT SKI-DOO HAS TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP AND GO HOME.

Last edited by Rocketman at April 28, 2002, 01:36am

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
There will be no brand bashing on the forums.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
speed is everything, I agree.  Ski-Doo needs to step up to the plate and produce a sled that will compete with all the other brands.  Polaris and Cat won just about everything last year on the Annual Shootout.   I am seriously thinking about Artic Cat myself.   That 900 will crunch any sled out there.  "There is no replacement for displacement" This is not bashing, it is the facts.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
it is true everybody wants to ride the fastest sled but where can you use it all when you have it ? i don't pay much attention to the shootouts i guess because maybe it is not real important to me or i would take the time and i sure do not bad mouth those that feed on it. right now the buzz is in the sno-cross circuit and it seems that is where ski doo has a big investment. a few years back it was the triple race and i quote "argueably" the machz was or still might be the fastest laker. now ergonomics looks like it is dominating and it is a payback for development dollars spent in sno-cross.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Mr. Yarek, what sled do you ride?  The shootout is a "stock" production sled that comes right out of the box.  Yes, I don't like to lose an occasional drag race.  Winning isn't everything, but losing is "nothing".  When I ride in Canada, I don't expect a stock Polaris 600 twin to beat my stock 700 twin on top end either.  But guess what?   Snocross is a big market right now, and yes Ski-Doo does very well, only because they have an excellent rider.   It is "not" the snowmobile as much as the rider.  By the way, which sled do you ride?  Piece out.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The shootout was SUPPOSED TO BE STOCK OUT OF THE BOX BUT...........................................    Someone from MN. got a head start on these before shipment. The Old forge thing should have been called the O I fudged a Lot Battle. Don't expect me to ever value that race again. The mags knew more than they let on, advertising bucks were at stake, and again we the consumer get hosed.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew that this subject would create an intresting discussion. Rocketman, First of all if i was going to do some brand bashing it wouldnt be the brand i ride, i am just that loyal. I just wish ski-doo would give us ski-doo riders something to bragg about, you know its been a while. If i was going to put some money on a race between the mach or the zr 900 on the lake i would put it on the cat. What i do know is that i have done alot of testing and tunning on my 01 800 mxz and all i can do is take the 900 in 1000ft, after that its all over. port, geared, clutched, jetted, rk head, 1.25 track,and some other little personal things and i am worried about a clutched zr 900 out of the box.    

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Betting against the mach is like throwing money into a fire.  The ZR 900 wont touch the mach and the mxz 800 will probably be able to hold its own.  

Skidoo will come through they always have.  The way i see it the Mach Z is the fastest thing in a line and the new Rev is the fastest thing in the bumps and corners.  

Skidoo #1.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I wish it were so but you guy`s are fanning your ego`s. I `ve owned doo for a few years now, and I race weekly  from august to november and starting last year and continuing through this year the doo`s are out gunned. The Mach Z is non exsistent in the stock 800 class period. I would ask you to compare et`s but there are none for the mach. I owned a 98 mach 3 years ago and I loved the sled, but that was about  the time that it was eclipsed by the twins. I ride doo and I believe that the way the rules read I can say whatever I want about them because I own em`without bashing, and if there ever was a time for doo to get there act together now is it. The rev probably will be exellent (I hope) for snowcross and my comments wernt directed to that effort. The triple motor, realistically has its best potential, and is still competitive in any classes that are improved, but thats besides the point.Doo will have sucess in the 440 class, the f5 will probably take the 500, 600 goes to polaris, 700 goes to the f7 or the srx`s (I know thats a blend of triples and twins) 800 and 900 to the cats which leaves doo`s in the running for all the wacked out  classes. (Tim I`m talkin bout ya, You are balls out) Read it and weep and by the end of the 2002 drag season if I`m wrong then I will stand corrected.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The reason the Mach Z is non-existant in most stock classes (along with the other 800+ 3x3s) is because most sanctioned races are only 500 ft. In 500 ft, reaction time and a good hole shot are crucial as there is practically no room to make up for any lost ground. For the same reason you see alot of smaller sleds bumping up a class or even two. 800 triples are still pullin' hard at the 500 ft mark!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Everyone seems to be so concerned over who makes the fastest sled.
What ever happened to workmanship,dependabilily,fit and finish,appearance,longetivity.
I'll keep my Doos. They have all the attributes of what I want.
Any 600 class sled would keep most of us riders happy.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow!! You guys sure got my attention. The Cat 900 twin is the best twin on the market just as the 800 was. It is the twin to beat. BUT, and I repeat, BUT, putting the 900 twin up against the Mach Zs is a mistake. Yes, the 98 Mach Zs were dogs with a messed up pipe/motor combination. The 99s (like mine) and newer are much quicker when properly set up in stock configuration. The 900 will be fast, but a Mach Z beater I don't know. Plus, remember this. We will see a 1000cc twin from Cat or Doo in the next couple of years. Then you might see the Mach replaced? Until then, my Mach STILL beats 99% of all the sleds it runs against, including piped and clutched sleds. Or should I say especially clutched and piped sleds? Yup, most guys just slow their sleds down with aftermarket stuff. Most sleds of ALL brands are not properly set up in the suspension at all. Oh well, that's sledding!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts