Snowmobile World banner

Ski Doozers Tow Vehicles

12K views 96 replies 67 participants last post by  toocheaptosmoke 
#1 ·
{edit} New truck since thread was started. '02 Denali XL 6.0L

#4 ·
Well I ride an arctic cat which shouldn't matter to much for this poll.  Oh well.  I have 2000 Chev Silverado such an improvement from my 94 Grandprix.

#7 ·
yeah I love my cummins also.I was at the diesel shop yesterday they had 5 duramax diesels in there that had broken cranks.I was real surprised,my uncle about s#$% his pants he had just bought one 3-4 months ago and he was with me and seen them with his own eyes.

#9 ·
'02 Chevy Duramax 4x4. I've only had it about a month. I like the 18 MPG, much better than the 10 MPG I was getting with my Dodge. I've heard I should see about 20 or maybe even a little better. I'm just glad I don't have to spend my overtime $$$ on truck repairs anymore. MORE $$$ to spend on the sled.  :D

#15 ·
traded my '95 Ram V10 4x4 for an '01 Ram Quad cab V10 4x4 sport. Just lifted it and put 33/12.5-16's on it. real men drive big blocks w/4.10's, Power baby

#18 ·
Originally posted by Rick M@Dec. 16 2001, 8:50pm
You forgot GMC. :angry:  ???
GMC (I'll refrain from my nickname for the company) is the same thing as Chevy.  They are both built in the same assembly plant down here in Texas.  Arlington, TX to be exact.  :D

#19 ·
My winter tow vehicle is a 1988.5 Suzuki Samurai.  This vehicle is slated to have a 1.9L turbodiesel engine stuffed under the hood as soon as I get the gearing issues taken care of.  :D

#20 ·
Sorry Mr. Wolfman but my GMC is not a pickup and it is not made down there in the big old state of TX.And it only shares the engine and drive train with it's Chevy brother the TrailBlazer,perhaps the pole should have read Chevy/GMC or just GM and everyone would be happy.
 :p

#21 ·
Got bored with Ford last two are Chevy
Both with 454's not great mileage but they have hauled
Arctic Cat , Polaris and Skidoo with the greatest of ease.
Routine maintence and purchasing them was way cheaper than the diesels. You have to put on about 40K miles a year to justify the added cost of diesels or keep them twice as long. I get tired of same truck after about 5 years.

#25 ·
if you hit 100,000 miles your diesel has paid for itself.thats an ave. of 20,000 miles a year.and that if you donot tow either.but if your towing then it will pay for it self sooner with added fuel savings.those big cube gas engines cannot even come close to my 19mpg pulling my 4 place enclosed.

#26 ·
Machzzzz1, I have about $5,000 in recipts from my local Dodge dealer that days Chrysler has their share of problems too! (front axle-ball joints, u-joints: rear axle-pinion bearing, axle bearings: CV joint in front drive shaft, replace leaking intake gaskets, and a major tune-upall in the last 7-8 months not to mention 4 transmission rebuilds. All that with less than 60,000 miles) Not trying to start something. They ALL have problems. There were things I liked about my Dodge, But, I had to go back to a Chevy(the GM discount helped sway my decision). Had to try out the Duramax. So far, so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.