Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I accelerate through a corner I get some inside ski lift.
I basically have to coast through the corner,
Should my front springs be loosened off a bit to let it roll or should they be stiff. I think they are pretty stiff now.
Any other things to look at or just slow down a bit in the corners.
98 srx 700

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
ger,
that is charicteristic of this sled you need to be a fat boy and lean like myself. i think you can get a widening kit though from mbrp {i think mbrp} racing products and they claim they are great.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
the good old equal length S-2000 chassis does the same thing...whether you are coasting or not...all you can do is hang it all out!

·
Registered
392 Posts
My cat surprises me.  I'm always on 1 ski, even when I'm not accelerating, but 1 ski is all it seems to take.  She steers great with 1 ski.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
LOL....I was going to install anti-roll "wings" like they use in car tests for highspeed turns...switch the wheel with a ski...need wide trails though...  

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I will have to hang it all out on the turns cuz I have no more money to spend this year and I am not slowing down it the turns
Ger

·
Registered
287 Posts
My MM700 manual says to tighten up the front track straps,and lighten the shock preload,  that will put more weight on the skis. I had an old ski doo that would just plow in corners, I worked on the track settings, got more weight on the skis and it did a lot better. My mountain max does the same thing, you can't give that thing gas in a turn, its set up for deep snow so I'm not going to mess with it, but thats what I would try.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You will find alot of sleds do this its no big deal when you get the hang of it I just hook my toes, lean a bit and throttle on you find the sled will have like a balance point practice is the key

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
This can some time be a result of your carbides. If you have really aggressive carbides, when you corner the sled will grip hard on your outside ski causing lift on the inside. I have aggressive carbides on my 02' pantera. The trick like said before is to lean alot. you can also try stiffening the front suspension. If you go with less agressive carbides you will see that they need for leaning with decrease but you will compromise your ability to take sharp turns at high speeds. Realize that when you corner hard your throwing the 500 pounds of the sled and the 200 pounds of your body on to the outside portion of the sled, you will always get a little bit of ski lift unless you really estimate the turn and throw your body weight accordingly. Just my $ .2

·
Registered
858 Posts
You can try giving more throttle to make the track spin but you still have to lean a bit. It's a gamble at every corner  

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ever think about your transfer rods? I have a 99 srx 700 with bender transfer rods and the thing corners like its on rails. Maybe its not the rods, it could be just the way you have it set up. I would think more preload on the front springs would help. I get almost no inner ski lift on my machine, if you want me to I can give you the measurements on how I have everything adjusted. Email me with your weight and how many studs you have if you are interested. [email protected]

Ben

·
Registered
18 Posts
like they said, just keep play with your suspension adjustments until you notice a difference.  I am only 145# and i had a 98 fan-cooled 440(s2000) that, after i had the suspension set for myself, could out-corner anybody around through the bush trails.  Even the 600 and 700's in the zx-chassis.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I dont know if hitting the gas would quite work. I tried that once and almost sent my sled heading for a tree. I get very good hook up on my 136" track pantera, usually hitting it will make the sled take off. I would say the best way to eliminate ski lift it to slow the hell down.... LOL

·
Registered
126 Posts
You could buy a triple!!! They are so front-end heavy you can't lift the skis without a cherry picker!!! HaHaHa

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
What you have to do is come in to the corners harder and then hit the brake hard.  This will accually cause the sled to steer like a forklift truck.  Instead of putting all the turning on the front causing ski lift you are sliding out with the back.

Once you are halfway through the turn (Still in the slide.)  Hit the throttle and throttle out of it.  

This takes practice and helps if you learn it in a feild.  

When i ride my mach, S-2000 or a zx i never have any skilift and i come in and out of the turns faster.  

But you have to lean way out..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts