Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with ski lift on my 00ZR600! When I come out of a corner and gun it, my skis lift quite a bit and it makes it difficult to take real twisty trails! Any ideas on fixes?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The limiter straps will only do so much........But the coupling block kit for the rear suspention.........The kit keeps the skis down and makes it ride better on the trails....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sled-head.How easy is it to take the coupler blocks out the 02 skid?Is it as simple as undoing the bolts,or do you have to worry about the arm aswell?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
ZR800
Its just 2 bolts.....I had them on my 02ZR800 but when I bought my 03ZR900 I long tracked it and never put the blocks back in........Wow what a difference....way better hook up and nice ski lift when you hit her.....I dont care about ski lift because I can handle my sled and muscle it around when in corners but for the average rider they work good......Not that I am anything great I just dont mind ski lift.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks Sled-head.My brother has an 02 ZR 800 CCE that he couldn't get to hook.Everyone would pull him out of the hole and then he would pull everyone on the top.Someone told him that he might have a problem with the back arm being longer.Thanks again I'll let him know.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sled-Head, how do you muscle your sled from ski lift?  Do you jump on the hood??  I would think that would be very tough to keep your skis on the ground if your suspension wasn't set up for it.  It wouldn't matter how big or strong you were.  This is what I THINK.  Not trying to prove you wrong.  I'm just looking on how to do it, since there is just a little ski lift on my MXZ in the corners under power

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
We dont ride tight trails I live in the PRARIES its all open and flat........So when your blasting thru fields the ski lift is irrelevent.......Its nice to be on the heavy side so you can pull your sled and lean into corners.........Have you ever ridden a long track.......If all you do is ride trails and sit on a short track than I dont expect you to have a clue dooittoit.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have an 01 ZR 800 LE.I ride in nortern Ontario.My suspension is set up so that I have some ski lift.Our trails where I ride are trails are twisty for the most part.sled-head is right.You can muscle your sled around on the trails when you have to.I like the trade mark Arctic ski lift it makes the ride interesting.An experianced rider knows how to handle a little ski lift to make a ride fun.IT'S WHAT SNOWMOBILING IS ALL ABOUT.....

·
Registered
530 Posts
Best fix you will find is the dial adjust front shock, Thats the reason I bought the ZRCCE, I would rather ride fast and flat then have a ton of ski-lift.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am with you too ZR800 a little ski lift is fun you have to know how to handle it thats the trade mark of a cat. I once heard a little sayin " Cats don't like to get their paws wet that is why they are always lifting there paws" hence the ski lift.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You don't want a ton.Just enough to get the track planted.It's physics you don't want to waste energy going up when what you want to do is go forward fast.Isn't that why we're all on cats............

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Not that it matters to you Cat guys, but the Polaris Xtra-10 will act the same way when the rear blocks are removed. That would be my prefered setup also, even in the twisties. I'm sitting here thinking about what I do to manage the ski lift coming out of the corners. The best I can do is call it a managed power slide till it's pointed somewhere near the direction you want it to go. Then do what you want, continue the slide or punch it and let the weight transfer thing happen. I agree the setup isn't for someone learning to ride or maybe new to a muscle sled though. Probably good for a trip into the woods for them. Even so, it sure makes for a fun setup. Jumping off large bumps and generally assing off with a setup like that is huge fun. Can't help but grin thinking about it!

AL

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2002 mountain 600 LE with a 144 track.  I rode it the way it came new - with 3/4" of stud showing past the nut on the limiter strap.  It had to much ski lift for me going up steep hills and would make me feel like I was going over backwards or throwing me to far left or right.  It was really great on the trails because I could lift the ski's off the ground at just about any speed.

I recently adjusted the bolt to 1 3/16"" of stud showing past the nut on the limiter strap.  For me it performs much better on steep hills and is much easier to control.  It did reduce ski lift on flat trails.  Is there a measurement on the stud for different kinds of performance?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Dust Off 68 as far as I know there is no set measurement.It's trial and error.I had my limiters sucked in to six inches.(measuring from the top of the rubber stopper to the bottm of the top bar)Great out on the lake,but it's not much fun anywhere else.Not good in any kind of deep snow.So like I said it's just a matter of trial and error till you find the right setup.Goodluck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
on the front shox in the skid frame loosen the spring till the spring moves up and down about a 1/8 inch that way it doesn't rock like a teter totor.  You might want to check with someone else but that how i did it on my 97 sno-pro.  

but than again with tight shoxs, clutching, engines mods my skis come up like a foot and a half at 20mph

1 - 20 of 21 Posts