Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this with some of the older Doos? I would think that if you shimmed the bushings so as to make the ski stance 1/2 inch wider per side this would help with the ski lift on my 98 mxz 670. If I were to cut the outside bushing down the middle and put one half on the inside of the mount and left the other half , would this  help? Too much time thinking about this coming season!

·
Registered
625 Posts
MBRP makes a kit to widen it, I just ordered one from shadetree for $152 U.S. and it widens the stance 2.5 inches, I cant wait to try it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
get the mbrp kit ,it also adjusts you shock position,if you shim it your suspension (shock)will react differently,the mbrp kit is worth the money....glad you bought it slarson you will love it...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
if you call a 2001 old,come up to cochrane and we can compare
,my buddy has the same sled as me and cant believe how much more stable my sled is in the corners compared to his,same with my buddy on his zr8

·
Registered
66 Posts
I thought the kit worked well all the parts fit..it made the sled much more stable cut down some of the inside ski lift...BUT its got alittle weight to it....to get the 44in. stance I cut and added 1.5 in. to the rad rods made new steering rods spaced the sway bar like the mbrp kit.and used the mbrp shock mounts for 2 years this year i built 16.6in fox shocks
PS.. have a MBRP KIT FOR 98 MXZ 670 (UNEQUAL LENGTH RAD RODS ) FOR SALE.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
nice sled,but you have got to be kidding about the extra weight for the mbrp kit,no matter what anyone says you can't notice a couple pounds on a sled

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just a note, I just got the MBRP kit for my FIII and it installed very easily, and looks good too, I cant wait to try it! no grinding or fitting was needed, it just bolted right on, just follow the instructions step by step. So far I am very satisfied!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Your right the kit is only a few poundsand the benifits out weigh the weightIMO. But some sleders get nutz over adding unsprung weight...

·
Registered
99 Posts
670FOREVER,

I am building a wide front end kit for my 99 670HO.  I am using 7711/T6561 3/4 inch aluminum round stock for new top and bottom radius rods.  I will also be making longer tie rods with a smaller diameter of the same stuff.  I plan to buy heavy duty ends for the new bottom radius rods from Sno-Tek.  I still do not have several things figured out which brings me to the reason for this post.  Since I have never seen the MBRP kit in person I have the following questions:  How do you lengthen the sway bar?  Is it using extensions that use set screws to attach to the sway bar?  What about the back of the trailing arms?  Are they spaced out?  If so then what material are the spacers made from?  How would I go about fabricating the shock brackets?  

Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
670FOREVER,

The aluminum I am using is actually 7071/T6511 not what I listed in the above post.  Sno-Tek uses this material for their wide front end kits.  This should help me drop a couple pounds over the stock steel rods.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
tough  questions to answer,the sway bar uses a longer piece(where sway bar slides into on the arm),the trailing arm is not spaced at the rear,and for new shock mounts they would be hard to build i can get you some close up pics on thursday of everything in the kit if you would like me to?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Panteraone,

If you can get those pics that would be great.  It would certainly help me understand how it works a bit better.  If you do not get them on Thursday that is OK.  I am not in a big hurry.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i will have some on thurs....no problem glad i can help

·
Registered
66 Posts
SORRY HOTH..I have not come over here in a few!!Turn your sway bar arms around...put 3/8 shims on the stud for the lowerrod end use locktite on the nut do the ssame on top
I hope this helps I will try to post som picts
PS.. Ione daywill make allu rad rods(I HAVE SAID THIS FOR 2 YEARS)LOL..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts