Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any thoughts about the differences in skid plates, from man. to man?? like Holeshot compaired to RSR??

Anythoughts would be help full.

Thanks

Crazy Canuck

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I had a RSR plate on my '95 MXZ 440. Material & thickness was  good, but the holes weren't pre-drilled. Luckily I was able to figure out where to drill the holes without winding up with extras.

I don't know if the Holeshot plates come pre-drilled.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I have always used the skidoo OEM skid -plates. I have been putting one on every year since 97.  This year skidoo brought out a full length skid plate as well as thier regular length one. I opted for the full length plate due to the amount of time spent off trail.  Originally I used the large yellow factory rivets to install but they wouldnt hold for some reason. Too much airborne activity.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The Holeshot skidplates do come pre-drilled. I have been using them on my Polaris sleds for the last 6 years. They actually make most of the skidplates for the factories. They are a great company to deal with and make a awsome product. I have been sponsored by them for the past three years so I have been dealing with them personally. The directions that come with the skidplate are very easy to read and understand so anybody would be able to install the skidplate without any problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts