Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worth buying?????? Planning on doing a lot more off trail riding this winter with the new crossfire..... I am tedering on the edge about this skid plate........ I understand the extra protection..... but is it truly worth it??????

Rob

·
Registered
98 Posts
Worth buying?????? Planning on doing a lot more off trail riding this winter with the new crossfire..... I am tedering on the edge about this skid plate........ I understand the extra protection..... but is it truly worth it??????

Rob[/b]
I wouldn't go without....pretty cheap insurance. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hell yes its worth it. When you consider the cost of repairs for catching stumps, rocks and such the cost of a skid plate is nothing and you WILL hit stuff when boondocking, comes with the territory.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
go for it both of ours have them on it with a few nicks in them too...

Rick :D

·
Registered
5 Posts

Rob[/b]
I traded in my 05 switchback with a skid plate. 2500 miles with out a mark on it. I put one on the new one. Less than $100.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
its cheep insurance, just one stump under this snow would wipe out my bellypan and ruin. I have some nice dents/gouges in mine . it isnt too hard to imagine a stump, fence post or whatever in the field I drove through in the pic is it ?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
besides it is purty :D

·
10,054 Posts
I just pulled mine on the F7 to get to the oil pump adjuster and you cant imagine the dinks in it. After seeing that, I would never ride without one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts