Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well awhile back i told everyone that I tore a hole with my boot on my sled seat.  It was totally my fault and it was right in the middle not near the seam.  

I asked my dealer if he could fix it and he said he will try to get skidoo to authorize a new seat for me.  I told him that it was my fault and he said he didnt care.

Anyway i just got a call the doo authorized me a new seat.  

That is service.  I cant belive how great i was treated.  

Thank you SKIDOO...

·
Registered
530 Posts
That's great to hear that Ski-Doo still looks after what makes them a company.  A lot of companies dont give a second look at that kinda stuff.  Give another thumbs up for the dealer that helped you out.  The dealer I go through is the same way.  Always helpful in every way.

·
Registered
518 Posts
MXZ7, I've not heard the best stuff about Saber, but that's what I have too. The guy I bought the sled from had a whole box of studs, green backers, and nuts he hadn't put on it yet, so he gave them to me. Now I just have to stud it this summer and put on some carbides. Hopefully they hold up.
Oh yeah, That's cool that Ski-Doo (and your dealer) did that for you. Can't beat that.  

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Part way thru the second season my sister in law had her '94 MX, she burned up the LH drive axle bearing. My brother had bought a '95 Formula STX. Since the parts were the same, the dealer put it thru as if it happened to my brother's sled.

I think this example & Machzzzz1's are why you should find a dealer that you want to deal with. Like in the other topic, jumping around dealer to dealer doesn't help.

On the other hand I bought my '85 Formula MX from that dealer in West Hill. I took it back after the hood started cracking because it was hitting the pipe. They said they all do that. I took it home & went at the underneath of the hood with a wood rasp. I've never dealt with them since.

The '86s had the offset headlight & clearance molded into the hood. So obviously Ski-doo knew there was a problem. I should have given Valcourt a call after that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts