Snowmobile World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been keeping atention on the skidoo webiste and I saw that phenomenal deal on skidoo for no payments till march 08 and 2 options of gear and moneyback so I went to the local dealer to see what kind of sleds they have in stock.
2007 Rev adrenaline And 2007 Rev no package.
only difference is theyboth have reverse but adrenaline has electric start. both yellow black and both 500 ss.. will be doing mostly jsut field riding and some lake running . NOW, problem is they had these sleds on sale for ablow out sale back in april june for bout 7176 and 7760.. I went there the other day to see what kind a price they were looking at is the cheapest I could find anyof the both of them were for 8100.. and I will be planning on financing the sled . so I dont want to go in and jam the dealer up and make a big deal bout the huge pricdifference but 1000$ is a 1000$' and the only way I can think about is that they really would want to be getting these sleds outta there.

What would the best way of going bout that dealing with a guy like that?
I even have a picture of the sleds when they were on sale so I have proof but will it be like screw off little kid? its the Larry Renaud dealer in Harrow Ontario.
Im very interested in picking up a sled thiswinter and this is a prime opportunity!

Thanks for all your help..

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
This is prime selling season and June is blowout time so you can understand the dealers point of view. He has also had to carry the cost all summer

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I noticed today that my dealer has some killer deals on some 07 600sdi's, both the Mxz and Gsx. I wasn't even looking and it caught my eye, he told me that there are priced $1500 under his cost plus come with a bunch of accesories. Too bad I can't remember the price off the top of my head now though, just something that caught my eye. :confused:

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I noticed today that my dealer has some killer deals on some 07 600sdi's, both the Mxz and Gsx. I wasn't even looking and it caught my eye, he told me that there are priced $1500 under his cost plus come with a bunch of accesories. Too bad I can't remember the price off the top of my head now though, just something that caught my eye. :confused:[/b]
yeah my dealer called and said I need to come get the 06 800 renegade, I get that below his cost.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I've hesrd though the grapevine that A/C has FireCat 600's going for $5999. That's a smokin deal. I don't know what dealership it is, though I do know that it's not North Bay.

As for getting your dealer to drop his price...it'll all depend on how confident he is he's going to sell all his sleds. This time of year my guess is he's NOT going to drop $1000 off his sale price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive been keeping atention on the skidoo webiste and I saw that phenomenal deal on skidoo for no payments till march 08 and 2 options of gear and moneyback so I went to the local dealer to see what kind of sleds they have in stock.
only difference is theyboth have reverse but adrenaline has electric start. both yellow black and both 500 ss.. will be doing mostly jsut field riding and some lake running . NOW, problem is they had these sleds on sale for ablow out sale back in april june for bout 7176 and 7760.. I went there the other day to see what kind a price they were looking at is the cheapest I could find anyof the both of them were for 8100.. and I will be planning on financing the sled . so I dont want to go in and jam the dealer up and make a big deal bout the huge pricdifference but 1000$ is a 1000$' and the only way I can think about is that they really would want to be getting these sleds outta there.

I even have a picture of the sleds when they were on sale so I have proof but will it be like screw off little kid? its the Larry Renaud dealer in Harrow Ontario.
Im very interested in picking up a sled thiswinter and this is a prime opportunity!

Thanks for all your help..[/b]

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
As stated, this time of year, it's a whole new ball game.
Spring blow out pricing is just that.
They try to sell it so that they don't have to carry it which comes with a cost to the dealer.
I bought mine in the spring as well for that very reason.

Prices always come down in the spring and up in the fall, early winter.
That's for new and used, dealer or private.
The old supply and demand story.

Fred or Joe behind the parts counter is a great guy to deal with. Joe's his real name but because there was already a Joe working there, everyone jokingly calls him Fred. He worked at the former Lakeview Marine Skidoo dealer. Now there was a great dealer. I wasn't impressed with one of the sales reps at Renauds. Tried low balling Jacqui with an insulting, rediculously low price on a trade in for her sled on an 07 GSX last spring. I was so disgusted with the guy. Just with his attitude. Not somebody I care to deal with no matter what the prices. But hey, maybe he was having a bad day. lol.

Have you shopped around? Compared prices with other dealers. There's lots of Skidoo dealers within a 2 to 3 hour drive of Windsor / Harrow.
I haven't kept my eyes open for similar sleds but I would think that even at that price, it's not that bad a deal. They probably aren't making a whole lot of money on it at that. Especially since they had to pay for the financing over the summer. In the spring, a lot of dealers were panicking and were afraid to get stuck with inventory because of the reaction and subsequent orders of the XP chassis sleds. There were definitely some great deals out there. But I know I paid considerably more for an 07 Renegade 800. It comes down to how bad do you want to ride.
You can prove a point, and not buy it because you could have bought it cheaper in the spring and watch somebody else ride it around town all winter long or if that is the best deal you can find, buy it and smile all winter long and for many more to come. The choice is yours.

BTW, I'm down in your neck of the woods most weekends and if you're looking to buy a trail permit, we can meet up if you want to buy one. I know Renauds sells permits for other clubs but none of them are from local clubs within your district. They are all from northern districts. It's always appreciated when people buy permits from clubs or districts that maintain trails locally. You mentioned that you do mostly field and lake riding. Are you aware that there's many great trails within 1 to 1 1/2 hours of you?

Good luck.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Boy, not a doo but on the subject of deals, I just spoted a new 06 Crossfire 7 Sno Pro for $5999 in the local auto swapper. That really is a nice sled for under $6000. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks for all your help..[/b]
me and my buddy dropped into tilbury rv and recreation (ski doo dealer ) and there prices where good --so good in fact my buddy bought a sled (used) picks it up tomorrow

·
Registered
644 Posts
The only way to deal with "bad timing" (fall/early winter) is to go talk to him on a day when things are melting a bit and maybe even raining with more forecast. He may be just a bit "softer" on days like that. With nice snow on the ground and big flakes in the air: sticker price.

Spring is the best time to buy unless you need to keep up with "the Joneses" or must have a very specific package. There are a lot of ways to deal though that will make both you and the dealer happy - not a bad thing when it comes to service. (You might go for a few add-ons at less than retail which won't cost him as much as you gain in value if he won't lower his sticker prices.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts