Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for pics and info on the skidoo elite,would like to find and restore one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys,you know the "elite".The 2 seater that skidoo made in the early 80's,you sit side by side in.
Someone has to have seen one,or no of one in a field or barn.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Brian at  [email protected] has or had a 73 elite wanted $950 for it.  He lives in NW WI

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the pics!
now imagine one of those with an 800 triple and upgraded suspension,what a lake runner that would be,lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The Elite's was made from 73 to 82 but there was a gap in there.   The easiest way to tell the era is the sled color.  From 73 to 75 were like the one shown were white and had a 440 F/C motor.  There was probelms with the earlier ones with vapor lock as the engine compartments were no well vented.  There was a gap in between.  The Elites came back in 78 with a yellow boday and black frame.  They also had a type 444 L/C motor.  In 81 they went to all black and had a type 464 L/C motor that also had oil injection.  

There is a strong following of faithful Elite owners and that is one reason why they are hard to find.  I myself have had the chance to get a couple, but for one reason or another never got one.  But one of these days.   I like the white ones, but would like the L/C motor.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Also has been a couple on ebay in recent months.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
all the one's i see for sale they are asking 2000$ i think thats way to much i would rather find one in bad shape and restore it! im not looking for a brand new one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
2k is about the going rate on them.  Parts for the elites are hard to find.  So the paying a few extra $$$$ for one in better condition might help out in the long run.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts