Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother (who works at a dealership) received a fax on friday saying that Bombardier will morelikely not be able to deliver all skidoo's sold during spring order in time, they simply sold too much  
 I'll post more info this week, my bro is suppose to get more details ...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I guess thats what happens when you design probably the best snowmobile ever to hit the trails. Bombi is doing everthing right. I hope they turn around the Johnson/Evinrude line of outboards.When I heard all the hipe about Bombi buying out OMC,I thought to myself,now there is a Company that will have the best quality outboard  (in time)  

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sounds like Valcourt better wake up the vendors and get a dedicated snowmobile line running now, instead of waiting until July like they usually doo.

·
Registered
625 Posts
This is not the first time a manufacturer had trouble like this, last year people in my area were having trouble getting Polaris' with the 800 twin, seems they didnt procure enough parts for those motors, guys were getting them off of snow check in late december around here.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I spoke with four Doo dealers and they were all complaining that Spring orders were down by 30% compared to previous years.
Rather than the amount of orders I would think Bombardiers troubles lie in manufacturability and assembly issues of the components. The chassis/bulkhead integration alone looks like a nightmare along with all the new componentry.
If they need extra time they can have another month as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by Rocketman at May 27, 2002, 5:53pm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts