Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about becoming a salesman for a snowmobile dealer.  

Does anyone know how much they can make in a year.  I would also want to sell the ATVS and Boats in summer time.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Why don't you go talk to the dealer you want to sell for?  Only he could know how much money you could make.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
snowmoking,
 only you can decide how much you make in sales, especially when you sell things that appeal to the ego. ie: who drives the better car ? the bread salesman or the mercedes salesman ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Where the heck is   "Mississiuga"  sounds like the south land??  Is there even snow by you to sell sleds Snmokiing??

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
nick,
 nice stunt rider on your sled there, is it steimy that did that for your avatar ?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Snowmobile salesmen get comission, correct?  I have thought about working for my local Ski-Doo dealer also.  It'd be an excellent experience!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
To answer the question about how much 'doo salesman make, obviously not enough. Between the time I ordered my '01 and when it came in, the guy quit & went to work at the Polaris dealer next door. In my books the guy has no crediblity. How can you go from running down a brand, which he did, to selling them? Now we know why salesmen are a popular as lawyers.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I sell Bombardier products for one reason...passion! I have rode all of the other brands and I still keep coming back to ski-doo. The workmanship, fit and finish are far better IMO. Every manufacturer has problems with product, and doo takes care of thier customers as well as thier dealers. Believe me, doo will listen if you have a problem and , in most cases, they will go out of thier way to solve the problem.

·
Registered
900 Posts
MXZWFO:

Dont beak off too loud at how well they listen to customers.
Just ask anyone who has owned a 97-00 tripple. oh yea remember the bearing thing? doo screwed everyone on that deal..to check your statement..

·
Registered
243 Posts
You want to make sure you belong to a good Dealer. There is a dealer 100 km south/west of you Lockhart's  Odyessey, that;s where I deal and that's where I send people, they are a good dealer, high volume so they can move more product at a better price (519) 688-3278 talk to Brad. If you know the products and you can talk to people and have a good Dealership, thats the battle. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Are there awards for best dealer through Ski-Doo?  If there is where could I submit a dealer for this award?  My dealer (Floodwood Extreme Motorsports) is just amazing!  They deserve to be spotlighted for the great service they provide!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
dealer of the year means crap and this and that of the year means the same. big companies now have a section where they contact the customer through marketing groups they hire, and the marketing group they hire for the eastern side of the country might be on the western side of the country. tell me there won't be a screw up there, i've seen it. if the marketing group calls people at dinner time and you know with time spreads like that they will, then the dealer gets a slap in the face. after a purchase or service the customer gets a survey of their experience at the dealer and some dealers will call ahead to coach the customer on how to complete the survey. if the surveys are good then there will be pay backs to the dealer. this is the section of the big company that has useless people there trying to justify their existance.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
You are 100% correct mr yarek.The way chrysler had there
stupid customer satisfaction index set up,if you got one poor
survey in the month it just killed you whole csi percentage.
I'm sure fords is similar as most at the top don't know there
arse from a hole in the ground

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
z800rtx,
 the worst part is it cost the good customer {99.9 % of them} more money and the jerk {.1 % customers} got a freebie. the manufacturers say it is a way of insuring the customer gets looked after, the "good" customer knows you can't make a good deal with a bad guy and if he gets treated poorly will not return. so the loser will always be the "bad guy" dealer and the good dealer will be stronger unless he has to stop and do more paperwork generated by the company.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It's quite the inferior system paul.The whole problem started when they stopped promoting good service and dealer managers and started to get there regional managers right from university
The guy doesn't know a spark plug from
a spare tire or has never dealt with an irate customer but we'll let him decide how service departments and dealerships
should be run.That is one of the reasons i got out of it as there was no room for advancement and unfortunately it will only get worse for everyone involved

1 - 16 of 16 Posts