Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the feedback on my earlier post guys. I am starting to think more along the lines of going with the extension kit from Skidoo. The only one that I see is the one from Bombardier direct, and the tunnel has a natural finish. Does skidoo make one in black, to match my exsisting tunnel, or do I just have it powder coated? Also did you guys who used the extension kit get better traction, and ride quality? I still want to stud it, because I drag race a bit. Should I stick with a 192 pattern for the occasion drag racing, or does the 144 down the middle hook up good? I am thinking of a 136 Predator .91lug track with 1.175 studs. Comments?

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you do a search or check out some performance websites like starting line products they sell black extensions I think.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would like to extend my formula s 380 to a 136 but don't know if I would be using to much power then. I would probably have to lower gearing then right? I would just need the right stuff for the tunnel right?

Thanks Josh

·
Registered
49 Posts
Painting a chunk of aluminum isn't so hard. Could powder coat it, too. If it was me, I'd go pick up some spray bombs.

greatwhitenorth: gear down a little.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Extending the track on your 380 is the same as the 95 touring le which has the two up seat, 136 track.  I believe this is geared lower than the formula s.  My dad has the 95 touring le and a 97 touring le with the 440, neither will scare you with power but they do ride better than the shorter track.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The traction is second to none! The ride quality is noticably better, but add the A.D. bolvin couplers and the ride quality and handling is awsome! Dont know if it's the extra lenght or what but the couplers really shine here.
Not sure if I would stud because of the allready extra rotating weight. I lost 15 mph on top with my 1 1/2x136, that's 2# more than the 121 with 192 studs I took off. Seem's there's allways a compromize!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts