Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
never tried the USI's but i love my C&A's as they got rid of the front end push I had with the stock Flex skis on my MX6.  An added benefit is that they are wider and longer thereby giving better flotation in snow as well.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
both work very well,the usi's float better in the deep stuff,either way you cant go wrong

·
Registered
0 Posts
USI offer a variety of different styles and shapes. They are
one of, if not, the original plastic ski manufacture. C&A's
are probebly the most common on the snow-x track and seem to
hold up to abuse. One other alternative would be the Simmons
skis (Original dual carbide) or thier cousin LOL the new Doo
skis which I've heard good thinkgs about. Simmons seem to be
the top choice for mountain riders for thier side hilling
abilities besides the multi color and choice of loop color
to custom up you sled. Wait a little while and then hit the snow show to find good deals on them.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I purchased a set of simmons last year. They are great for side hilling and for straight tracking, but they weigh alot and the wear bars can only be purchased from simmons dealers($100). Bottom line makes the wear bars, but they don't sell them to you directly.

just my $.02

FZ700

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i tried the simmons also,excellent ski in the powder,they are also good on the trails,very little effort to steer the sled,but they dont grab as hard in the corners as the c&a's or the usi's(huge keel)

·
Registered
310 Posts
it almost looks like a carbide wont work on my CA pro skis.  its just 4 holes for the nuts and bolts to go in, and on my stock skis there is a 5th hole for the edn of the carbide to go in.  but who knows, rotein says they make them for the CA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts