Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested what people think about different sled brands.  I have owned Yam, Cat, and Polaris, not Doo.  I currently ride two Polaris sleds.  Is Polaris a reliable brand?  I have had a couple of minor problems with my xc and am curious if i should buy a different brand next time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
IMO, just pick a color.  Most all the new sleds are really well built.  But, manufacturers are making some drastic changes for next year, so you may want to research a little more to find what you want.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
The first thing you need to do is narrow your search down based upon your riding style, then look at what each brand offers for what you want or are looking for.  Each brand is unique in its own way and now days they are all good and all will break eventualy.  And as hard as it is to believe(for some)all brands have their share of lemons at times.  SO, other than that is it all brand loyalty which most of us are guilty of to some degree....

As winterpark said, pick a color or flip a coin.haha

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Basicly like the guys said all the new machines are great in there own ways so you just have to choose a riding style and buy the sled to suit it, and also go for the one you like the look of best.  Me personally i like polaris and ski doo they have been both great brands for me over the years.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
 They all have they're good points . But i think you should DOO IT. Since you have tried the others. I own skidoo/cat and yammi so im not too overly bias towards skidoo, lol

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Go ride a doo.  Go find out for yourself why doo has the most posts of any brand.

No Joke they make one #### of a machine.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hymm, lets see, I ride with a 02 polaris xc , 02 ski-doo legend, and a 00 polaris xcr. My cat is the only one that has broken down numerous times and it is an 02. I'll be ridin doo if I find the right place to deal with. I have heard nothin but good from the people on this board about Ski-Doo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got into sleddin at Christmas, got a 95 440 jag, Last week I got a 01 Mountain Cat 600 EFI Batteryless. Love it!
I looked hard at all brands and just went for the Arctic Cat because my Dad had them years ago. They are all nice!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Come on Fastcat you are being a little hard on your ride. Who cares if it needed a little warranty work thats why they give it to ya. The bugs are worked out and you will be hassle free for miles to come. RIDE GREEN

·
Registered
416 Posts
2 fuel pumps, front adjuster and shock buggered, doesn't start when the engine is warm, and when it does start it runs like poo poo for a few miles, gas gauge kaputz, frosted gauges. A few warranty issues. How are you supposed to trust a machine when your 50 miles from nowhere when you are depending on this thing to get you back home. And all this with a winter with no snow. I would hate to see what this thing will do with a good winter. I have never owned anything but Cats and haven't had problems since this year but one bad apple spoils the bunch. When a machine goes down, it spoils the ride for everyone your with, and this year I,ve had my share of that. I really wanted a to buy an F7 but if it is as reliable as my current machine, No thanks. If I do end up buying another Cat (chances are getting slimmer as the days go by) I sure hope it works better than the lemon I got. Of the Three 02 sleds in my riding group mine is the only one with MINOR warrenty issues. All machine have the same mileage on them. I,m not being harsh to you sled head, its just that I forked out a lot of dough for this machine to have it sit at the dealer. I understand that every brand of machine probably has problems and bugs to work out, but it seems that when Cat has a problem all they do is give you the run around and act stupid. Sorry, but customer service and reliability are high on my list of things I want from a manufacture. I have seen it from my dealer but not from Cat. One more point. I hit a fence about a month-month and a half ago. The next day I had the sled down at the dealer for an insurance estimate and a list of parts to order. I was lucky that the machine was still rideable, seeing as how my all my parts finally arrived last thursday. If the damage was worse I would've had to sit out all this time. If it would have been a decent winter, thats alot of time to be down, waiting for parts. Sorry, I am not lashing out at you , I'm just a little peeved.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I don't blame you fastcat, i'd be peeved too. I've been meaning to ask you what the problems were. The one thing i really like about doo is parts availability. Who wants to wait for a crank from japan,lol. The only time doo couldn't get me a part quick,(99 mach1 stator). It took a week and a half. Doo got the dealer to crack a new sled out of the box for me to drive till mine was fixed. They paid the dealer the rental fees.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Now that is customer service, and thats why Doo is lookin so darn good right now. You gotta love Canadians

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I had heavy problems last year with my SummitX800 last year and lots of them. The grass always looks greener on the otherside. Between the 3 engines that went last year I had some rank down time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts