Snowmobile World banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have been looking for sled for my girlfriend for the last little while and I found what I believe is a really good machine for her.

Its a 94 VMAX 600 LE w/Electric Start and Reverse.

She really liked the looks of the VMAX so that's what we went with.

Is there anything about this machine that I should know?

Give me the good, the bad and the ugly.

I got a really good deal on the sled from a buddy but it needs a new track and a rear shock for the front of this skid.

It's got 9200km on it but I only paid $1500 Canadian for it.

This is a riding buddy of mine and I know the machine has been very reliable for him.

Will a 1.25 lug track fit this machine?

Thanks for the help

DP

·
Registered
364 Posts
1.25 track i think would be TOO MUCH for that sled. The vmax 600 isn't really that fast. takes awhile to get going. Nice sled and perfect for the GF. I would suggest a 1" at best.

9200KM equals how many miles??

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That has the TSS (pogo ski) suspension, doesn't it? I had a 94 500 V Max and the ride wasn't all that bad, definetally not good for ditch-bangin but good for a girlfriend :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
My buddy has one ! i would not say that its a realy slow sled he was able to follow me with my 583 mach1. The worst thing is playing with the carbs, they are a pain to reach !

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
atleast Paigey is dating women with sleds now rather then buying them old terds.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
:cussing: Mr Yarek

You had me going for a 2nd :lmao:

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Originally posted by dpaige@Sep 30 2002, 05:10 PM
Hey Guys,

I have been looking for sled for my girlfriend
[snapback]50014[/snapback]​

Sounds like a pretty fair trade .... how many miles on her? :lmao:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Make sure the secondary bushings are in good shape. A friend had a '94 600DX & after 2 seasons they were shot. The secondary wouldn't shift out fully. I could beat him on the lake w/ my '95 MXZ 440.

Also, the range of the 600s isn't that great. 90 miles is about max for them. Same buddy on a '96 ran out of gas 3 miles short of Deep River on our RAP tour. About 83 miles from Mattawa.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
he has a new girl since then. this new one he met when he needed a case worker.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 1994 Vmax 600 long track myself and it is a very reliable sled.
The only problems we have had with it was the clutch. Slowly the RPM engagement becomes lower and lower until the clutch gives out. At least that is what happened with both our Yami's. It isn't a fast sled be any means, infact, it's a dog IMHO but I don't mean to ruffle any feathers by that. We use ours fr a guest sled and my GF has rode it a few times. It will work perfect for your lady. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts