Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after finishing rebuilding my zr500 from the frame up I decided it wasn't that tough.  Next winter I'm going to be looking for a bigger sled and possibly keeping the 500.  Tell me what you think of my idea

zr00-02 bulkhead, steering, body, front suspension, rolled chaincase, clutches and hood.  Fabcraft 136 tunnel.  Boss seat.  Possibly either an xpert x or M10 suspension depending on funds.  The big question is what engine to go with possibilities include d&d720apv, or ac 800apv with possible upgrade to 925 the following year.  Do I have anything thats not going to fit togethor.  Price with an 800 and AC rear supension is in the 4000-5000 area.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm looking at doing something very similar with a Firecat next year. Heres what I have considered so far:

-Sno Pro Chassis
-BLT Front End or White Lightening
-144" M10 or ExpertX with White Lightening Arms and Shafts
-CMX belt drive
-700 EFI APV w/D&D or Black Magic work done
-Clutched by either
-Seen a lightweight hood for mountain use at Haydays, have one built for a FC
-13.5"x144"x1.25"
-Lug Studs
-Either AC Parabolics or C&A Pro Skis
-Ohlins Shocks front and rear, remote resivors under hood for front
-Boss seat

**Forgot to add, for the rear suspension, if I go with M10 it will have the live rear axle. Also have an added third shock in the middle. Ace on rear shock, Electronic shock from polaris for middle, and normal Ohlins M10 shock front.**

Not sure what else yet, always looking for ideas. My goal is 170+hp and under 400 lbs. dry.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds nice.  I'm figuring I can get it down to comparable weight as my zr500 or less, but with 140-170hp depending what i do with the engine.  On top of it I would have a perfect sled for both around my area and the once a year trip out west.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
How do you guys do it.... its never ending with these things right... if only they could come just the way we want them...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if AC would make a 2003 800 Mountain Cat M1 with a 136 I might be happy but they don't. Plus its something to keep me busy. If I don't spend time and money on this project I just find another one. I was going to build a 4place trailer yet this fall but think I will save the money to buy a motorcycle.

·
Registered
138 Posts
How do you guys do it.... its never ending with these things right... if only they could come just the way we want them...
I am doing it for that exact reason, to have the exact sled I wanted. Also to challenge myself. I can get Cat and Fast parts cheap so it actually works good.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Oh i know... i am a compromiser.... I will take it as it comes. I think the new 800 will be just fine for me. I dont know if I will need to change the Clutching or pipe but hopefully not... the less stuff I touch the less i know i cant break

1 - 7 of 7 Posts