Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe this guy had the nerve to write this article. Sledders like you and I bring so much money to the local economy, and this is how he thanks us.

Check this site out
sled hater

·
Registered
442 Posts
those are the kind of guys that need to be open hand slapped!!

what he doesn't realize is that snowmobilers pump tons of money in to local economies that the people live off of

for the people here that snowmobile up in the keenwanah you know that there are many restaurants that rely on snowmobilers for their livelyhood

there are many places that would have to close down if it weren't for snowmobiles

I know of this place up in Lac La Belle michigan that had to sell because the keenwanah had a bad snow year in the winter of 99-00 thats what keeps them open basically the whole year is the snowmobile season

·
Registered
752 Posts
I happened to notice that his email address is at the top of the page . I have already sent him a nice letter and I urge all the readers of this forum to do the same.  Try to be civil and sound somewhat inteligent while you do so . Everyone is entitled to have an opinion but idiots like that should not have the right to put them in print.

·
Registered
900 Posts
This was my reply to him. ill explain the garbage thing if requested..steve

Regarding your article about snowmobilers. Coming from someone who lives in virtually the most overcrowded, polluted, and not to mention arrogant city in canada you have a lot of nerve. Let me guess its not okay for us to use our snowmobiles for pleasure across the countryside but it is ok for you "city" folk to run up north here declaring it your own private get away 2 months a year and what do we get from you in return? not your god damn garbage thats for sure. keep your attidute, your illusions of grandure and your garbage in your polluted, crime ridden, city you call home.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
what a LOSER!i live between haliburton and bancroft on 80 acres of land and i have seen more wildlife on my skidoo than in my own backyard. i saw 2 elk in haliburton a couple of years ago and they didnt flinch at us.they were about 30ft away from us and didnt move. we watched them for about 20 min before we left.they didnt seem bothered by us at all.maybe this guy is a crack addict whose run out of rocks and is delusional.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with all of you guys.I just sent him a nice long "brash" email.Dont worry, I kept it clean even though it was very difficult.Good sledding to all!!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I got my response in to him.  About the ONLY thing I can say is that I did not use any profantiy.  Otherwise I did NOT hold back!!  

I've dealt with idiots like him before.  Meet him in person, and I can gurantee he would be reduced to a blubbering whining fool.

Whatever this loser does in response ought to be good for one hell of a laugh.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Man, this is one guy that has never ridden a sled before in his life !  how can someone think like that. why cant he open his eyes and see how many people enjoy this sport and how we are helping the economy. E-mail is already sent  

·
Registered
24 Posts
what a joke this was. this guy has no clue. I sent my civil e-mail. I don't no how to let you all read it without typing it again, but I can assure you it was powerfull. rottie please explain the garbage issue.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It takes alot to get a rise out of me, but while reading this idiots article, it really pissed me off. He was knocking the gear we wear, our big helmets, just over all this fellow has no nuts.
I sent him a somewhat civil reply and hope to recieve a reply from him. I am sure he will be busy for a long time reading from people he irritated. If he hates snowmobilers so much, why doesn't he live in Florida, or somewhere there is no snow.
I vented enough!!!!!!!!!!!  

·
Registered
373 Posts
I guess thoughs e-mails paid off, if you click on the link to the story now the guy has an apology posted, I really liked the part where he wrote " it appears snowmobilers own computers and know how to use them " nice job guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live just outside of Toronto and ride up in the Parry Sound area. I read this article when it was published and was amused to say the least. Check out the web page again, he has published a semi-retraction-shows he has some class. The garbage reference is about a plan the city of Toronto had to send their garbage via train way up north to dump in some abandoned mines. It would have meant huge money for the north but there were many opposed to it-some wanted the business, others didn't want the environmental risks. So instead Toronto sends its garbage to a site in Michigan and pays them the money (more than if they sent it up north and kept the money in the province!)-small town politics.
I have sent Hartley an e-mail challenging him to try sledding for a weekend up in the Parry Sound area-he rents the machine and my wife and I will be tour guides. I'll keep you posted if he accepts, any of you who are in the area or may want to be in the area can meet up with him and share our passion.

·
Registered
337 Posts
articat - keep us posted - I would drive down there and join you for that!

A man of integrity admits when he is wrong and apologizes.  Mr. Steward ranted about something he knew very little about and we let him have it.  Now he knows more about our sport, and publicly apologized for trashing us.  He was wrong and he knows it.  You are correct - that's class.

let us know if he accepts - I would love to come ride down there - if we ever get a winter!!!

Scott/Thundercatzr

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.