Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quote yesterday on a 02 ZR 600 from Progressive (our RV insurer) $360 a year for full coverage...this seems a tad bit high and don't understand why, that's more than our RV.  Any suggestions on other companies that might be better.  We are early 40's, no accidents, from northern Indiana.  Thanks if anyone can point us into a better direction.  This is supposed to be rated for only seasonal use...

??Maybe this is the going rate??

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know its crazy isnt it. but in the off season i drop the collision and just keep storage insurance on it .that drops the annual rate on it.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I use state farm for everything and full coverage on my 97 zert 600 is just over $200 annual.....  That's with a multi car discount, etc. also though.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Nationwide-1-800-324-6365 in mich. I pay $205.00 per year on a 00 MachZ.  

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
im paying about 450 canuck bucks. Full coverage on a 02 mxz 800 gade. It is a little higher than it should be because of an incident back in 97. Im with MASS insurance brokers which is Allianze

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
$250/yr Canadian, with no collision for a 99 Grand Touring 700.  $100 more for the collision.

FishHog

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I pay $90 for a plate for the year (through MPI) and the extra insurance (through a private company) is around $150 depending on the value of the sled (collision, upset, fire, theft, vandalism, everything).

·
Registered
103 Posts
I pay about $180/yr on my 02 Pro-X 440. Thats full coverage with American Family Insurance. It's for some reason cheaper than than 97 ZRT 600 which was $205/yr with the same coverage.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Progressive 140 for the 98 500 and 160 for the 02 800. When I went to insure the 800 they told me they did not like to write policies for sleds that big and I mentioned I haven't had a claim on my cars or sleds yet and I could shop somewhere else then they were more than happy to help.

·
Registered
310 Posts
holy #### guys, i my dad just called some place, and for ME being 16 to get a mxz 800, would cost over 1500 a year!!!!  i was like HOLY ####. theres something wrong there.  weve never had any accidents, only like 1 ticket or so.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
O.K.  Here's one for ya.
I was gonna buy an '02 MXZ700 in January, so I called for insurance quotes before going to the dealer.  The cheapest I could find was with Progressive at $1700 PER YEAR full coverage.  Ain't that a snowjob?  It's because I'm 24, and I have 2 speeding tickets, one disobey semafore, and one accident on my record.  I'm married, but that makes no difference.
Needless to say, I changed my mind about buying a brand new sled.  Gotta wait 'till my record clears.  (It'll be spot-free in 13 months!  I'm counting&#33

1 - 13 of 13 Posts