Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
King's in Oshawa, 905-728-0533. Ask for John
JT's in New Lowell (near Angus) They supply the sleds for Sled Ed on Snowtrax.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
todd,
right in dorchester not even a hop skip and a jump for you.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
What are you looking for, good chance someone here has or knows of where to get what yer lookin fer.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would like just to go see some old sled in a junk yard just to kinda get a feel for yesteryear. Anyone know of a sled grave yard around the lake simcoe area? It would be great to see some of the sleds in person that my dad and his friends rode back in the day

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Back in the 80s there used to be one up in your area. It was either Ontario ... or Durham ... :withstupid:

I can remember seeing their ads in the old OFSC newspaper. I'll check this weekend.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Revrnd, Ontario snowmobile wreckers (formerly known as Durham) were on hwy 11 just north of Orillia on the west side. They have been gone for a few years now. We used to stock up on parts for the old Olympics there.
There is now a small salvager on the east side of the highway a bit further north between Orillia and Severn Bridge.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
It sounds like you already know about Snowline, just east of London on Hwy 2. Although they are mostly vintage.

There is also a guy in Bright. I can't remember the name, but he advertises in Tri-Ad, if you pick up a copy of it. The Tri-ad has a fairly large used sled parts section, you might have some luck there, or post a wanted ad in it. Its free, and you can do it on the net.

good luck,

FishHog

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Ontario cycle salvage in Peterborough has some sleds, and I think there is a place near bridgenorth that has only vintage sled stuff, I can look into it for you Todd, Where is Forest Ontario?

Fridgee500mxz did you guys go up to the camp this weekend I saw a bunch of trucks and atv's at hogans lk rd. Sorry to hear about your foot injury, hope it gets better before winter so you can wind out your very loud mxz ;) :)

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Rollo, that's the one I was thinking of.

Permafrost is thinking of Fred Sawyer, his # is 705-292-0400

·
Registered
394 Posts
hey permafrost, i wasn't there on the weekend, it was a bunch of our buddies up for a drinkin and muddin weekend. I think we are heading up the weekend after thanksgiving for some relaxation and getting ready for the winter months. Maybe we will see ya around the bush. let me know where ya are and we might try to stop in on one of our bush tours. :D send a pm if u want

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Originally posted by permafrost@Oct 9 2002, 09:09 AM
Todd, Where is Forest Ontario?

Forest is in my neck of the woods.

About 1/2 hour north east of Sarnia.

Nice to see somebody else from around here on this site.

FishHog

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If you dig and spend some time you should be able to find a used one. I got lucky in my search and found a guy in the US that sold me a new one for the price of used.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea real close FishHog as a matter of fact maybe you can bring that Yammi back up and we can get some more ridin in this year. Know who I am now?

EDIT-FishHog, I thought you were Homer, now I know who you are:doh:

Thanks for all the info gang, I can see this will be a useful site. Time to start makin some phone calls , Thanks again, Todd

·
Registered
394 Posts
any one heard of a wreckers between cobaconk and norland? for those of you around our area! i have heard about this but never seen it ???

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Hey Todd, welcome aboard.

You had me confused there for a while, with that Yammi crack. :p

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by fridgee500mxz@Oct 10 2002, 12:22 PM
cobaconk
Today's lesson, it's Coboconk. I know it sure doesn't sound like that when you say it. I'll ask a couple of guys if they know of it & pass along what I hear.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
My parents have told me that Freddy Sawyer is no longer in business.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts